Chief Outsiders aims to become the world’s leading provider of marketing executives to growth and mid-sized companies. We are expanding the traditional role of the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO).
We are an organization of C-level marketing executives. Each of our CMOs have held the position of VP of Marketing or higher in one or more operating companies (as opposed to careers at agencies or consulting firms). We are looking for C-level business executives who have a market based perspective, but also understand the operational and financial implications of a growth strategy. All positions at Chief Outsiders are Partner level and require previous experience as a Vice President.
By outsourcing the CMO role we greatly reduce the cost to a company of hiring a full-time CMO. At the same time, partner companies have access to the skills and experience of the team of marketing executives at Chief Outsiders. We are in constant negotiation with companies eager for us to place world-class people as Chief Marketing Outsiders.
What We're Looking For - CMOs
If you are an experienced marketing executive, we believe that our unique approach offers you a dynamic and creative way to apply your marketing skills to help companies grow. At Chief Outsiders, you will belong to a team of people with an incredible level of marketing experience and through our peer review process your marketing ideas and strategies will be tested and enhanced. Being a part of the Chief Outsider team means that the client benefits from the support and experience of all of your colleagues. And with Chief Outsiders, you will have the opportunity to share in the success of the companies that you are guiding to growth.
Our Chief Marketing Outsiders work with multiple companies at one time, helping the CEO’s of these companies realize their marketing vision. Chief Marketing Outsiders ideally possess a minimum of 15 years of executive level marketing leadership with five or more years experience as a Chief Marketing Officer. Outsiders are people with strong financial and business acumen, with a proven track record of accomplishments in the field.
Becoming a Chief Marketing Outsider is a dynamic and rewarding way of using your marketing experience and skills, when compared to being the CMO for a single company or joining a marketing consultancy. Consider the following benefits of the Chief Outsider approach to executive marketing:
- Band of Brothers and Sisters. We give CMOs a place to belong, a place to have a personal impact on the development of a world-class brand and leave a lasting legacy. Becoming a Chief Marketing Outsiders means joining a team of experienced marketing executives who will be at your disposal for guidance, ideas and stimulation. You will have access to more experience than you have ever had as a marketing executive of a single company.
- Variety. Chief Outsiders allows you to experience multiple types of marketing challenges and opportunities. You will be helping mid-sized companies grow; and when you’ve succeeded in one company, you’ll be able to take on new challenges.
- Flexibility. Chief Outsiders allows you to balance your workload to take account of your life commitments. You can choose to work with one, or up to five companies, depending on your current situation.
- Always Adding Value. Chief Outsiders individually and as an organization are always looking for ways to help companies grow. Our business development is driven by a culture of exploring the challeges prospective clients face, then sharing insights that add immediate value. In the long term, we enjoy the opportunity to have a lasting impact on the companies we serve.
- Wealth Building. Chief Outsiders allows you to share in the upside of the entire company by providing a way to become a partner and part owner of the company as early as during your first assignment.
DO YOU SHARE OUR CORE VALUES? If you do, you may want to Read our Blog to see if you agree with our approach and outlook. Can you be the #2 Marketing executive who serves the #1 marketing executive – the CEO – and translate their vision into an insightful, measurable and actionable marketing plan? Can you oversee the implementation of that plan? If the answer to these questions is “YES” we very much want to hear from you.