Bill is a Chief Outsiders CMO based in the Greater Memphis Area. He helps public and private growth companies ranging from financial services to lifestyle brands create bottom-line magic by pairing world-class branding with strong ROI-based database marketing programs. Bringing the voice of the customer to the table to enhance mission clarity, Bill articulates the CEO’s vision to employees, customers, prospects and ownership, and ranks all marketing and non-marketing opportunities by ROI to prioritize valuable resources.
How Bill has Helped Businesses Grow
- Recognized by Fortune Magazine for creating the #2 brand in the county at Viking.
- Created the top-ranked social media brand in the category as ranked by L2.
- Used prospect marketing to create a 4 to 1 predisposition of product when targets entered the buying stage.
- Executed marketing programs generating over 300% first year ROI.
- Created first corporate marketing function for a NYSE company and grew it to a top 30 position out of 10,000 players in six years.
- Using data analytics, created an industry leading new customer onboarding system to increase retention by 20% with a focus on 60 company acquisitions.
Executive Marketing Experience
- CMO, Hancock Holding Company (New Orleans, LA)
- Director of Marketing, Viking Range Corporation (Greenwood, MS)
- Senior Vice President, Retail, BankAtlantic (Ft. Lauderdale, FL)
- Vice President of Marketing, Market Line Associates (Atlanta, GA)
- Senior Vice President, Marketing and Distribution Strategies, Union Planters Corporation (Memphis, TN)
- BBA, Finance, The University of Mississippi
- Executive Education, The University of Colorado
- Sales Growth
- Market Penetration & Growth
- Brand Strategy/Refresh