Bill is a Chief Outsiders CMO and forward-thinking executive marketing leader. He brings a focused, insights-based approach to helping small, midsize and large B2B and B2C companies achieve their growth goals. He helps clients dig into complex growth challenges, uncover market opportunities, craft strategic growth plans and turn them into reality. Focused on outcomes, nothing satisfies Bill more than helping clients develop and implement impactful and lasting growth solutions.
How Bill has Helped Businesses Grow
- Delivered 31% average annual new account growth over 7 years while simultaneously reducing new account acquisition cost by 9% incubating and scaling new lead generation-driven channel for financial services company.
- Achieved a sustained 17% reduction in run-rate marketing costs (approx. $22M annually) renegotiating agreements and leading strategic purchasing project that pruned the number of marketing vendors by 80%.
- Saved $3.4 million annually leading business integration effort with consistent planning and program management across markets. Following merger, led alignment of marketing teams, programs and investments across company’s new national footprint.
- Led development, implementation and rollout of multi-channel direct-response TV, radio and mail programs. Developed business plans, launched test and orchestrated direct-response creative development, media planning and results analysis.
- Originated $30 million in credit facilities for clients launching residential construction and rehabilitation loan program for start-up national lending company and developed credit policies and marketing strategies for new home equity lending product line.
- Senior Vice President, Enterprise Database Marketing at Wells Fargo
- Senior Vice President, National Home Equity Marketing at Wells Fargo
- Vice President, Marketing Strategic Planning & Analysis at Wells Fargo
- Vice President, Marketing & Product Management at Bank of America
Bachelor of Arts in Social Sciences with a concentration in Economics and Business Administration, University of California, Berkeley
- Growth Strategy
- Market/Consumer Insight
- Demand Generation
- Go-to-Market Strategy