David is a Chief Outsiders Managing Partner based in Wisconsin. He helps clients select the best CMO, matched to their business needs, industry and culture, to analyze and develop profit optimization plans and assist in execution, including go to market approaches, relevant product improvements, additional services and pricing. Drawing on resources from the entire Chief Outsiders’ network, he works with your team to establish best practices, analyze the market and competition, and put together winning marketing plans.
How David has Helped Businesses Grow
- Matched numerous companies with fractional CMO candidates, piloting them through the selection process and accelerating profits with infusions of instant talent from Chief Outsiders tribe of experienced marketing executives.
- Increased sales over 200% and profit over 300% in a five-year period. Led strategy, marketing and P&L responsibility for $800-million-dollar division.
- Generated record sales growth and profitable year two with +8 point margin improvement versus previous plant business, building new division from scratch to utilize plant capacity (new product, target etc.).
- Drove division sales of +$100 million, developing leadership strategy, positioning, branding and marketing plans for B2B and B2C customers.
- Generated over $500 million in sales developing and launching over 20 major new products, three times awarded Best New Product of the Year by the American Marketing Association.
- Achieved three successful acquisitions in three different industries, led acquisition strategy, evaluation and execution.
- Senior Vice President and General Manager, Sargento Foods Inc
- Vice President Business Development, Pactiv/Reynolds Group Holdings Ltd.
- Vice President Marketing and Business Development, Brunswick Corporation
- Vice President Global Marketing, Kellogg’s Company
- Vice President Convenience Foods and New Products, Kellogg’s Company
- Brand Management, Procter & Gamble Company
- MBA, Marketing and Finance, Michigan State University
- BS Business Administration, Michigan State University
- Executive Global Leadership, Thunderbird International University