Tom is a Chief Outsiders CMO and global retail and omni-channel expert based in Los Angeles. Always at the forefront of global marketing and brand innovation, he develops solutions for youth targeted brands across multiple industries, helps launch and grow tech startups and turns around brand P&Ls. His ability to embrace and promote new technologies ensures retail brand relevance. As a global change agent, he adopts best practices, secures corporate sponsorships, and aligns brand positioning with consumers.
- From the outset of his career, Tom has been a pioneer in new media from international print to broadcasting and drove several “Global Advertising Firsts” with Newsweek International and Life Magazine.
- At West Nally, Tom brought the 1994 FIFA World Cup to the U.S. shores to establish the sport of soccer in America for generations to come.
- Tom created the first fully integrated Pan-European TV campaign for L.A. Gear. By the end of the summer, the $250,000 promotion was self-funded and a catalyst in driving five-fold brand growth from $25MM to $125MM in international sales in one year.
- By creating branded retail statements and shop-in-shops throughout Asia, K-Swiss became a dominant brand in markets such as Hong Kong and Japan. International sales grew from 25% to 53% of total company sales over 5 years.
- In the 6 years Tom oversaw the international marketing for the Hot Wheels brand, sales grew from $250 Million U.S. to $750 Million and turned around the brand P&L to generatr $67MM profit annually.
- The BBC brought in Tom to become a change agent as head of Global Licensing to adopt best U.S. practices in a U.K.-based iconic institution. On his watch, several brands including Doctor Who were brought back in house and subsequently thrived.
- EVP, Strategy & Channel Partnerships, Virtual Piggy & PRIVO, Inc.
- SVP, Global Licensing, BBC Worldwide
- SVP, Consumer Products, Green Rubber
- SVP, G.M. of Mattel Customer Business Team
- SVP, International Marketing, Mattel’s Girls & Boys Brands
- VP, International Marketing, K-Swiss
- VP, International Marketing, L.A. Gear
- President, West Nally North America Sports Marketing
- International Advertising Director, Life Magazine’s 50thAnniversary
- Advertising Manager U.K., Newsweek International
- BA in Economics and Accounting, UCLA
- Thunderbird School of Global Management – Executive Program
- Guest Lecturer:
- U.S.C. Marshall Business School
- Ohio State University’s Graduate School of Marketing
- Speaker - International eSports Federation, Shanghai
- Brand Strategy/Refresh
- Digital Transformation
- Channel Strategy