A data driven digital marketer and executive leader, Tom leverages his ed tech, financial services, apps, sales and sales management, lead gen, and e-Commerce experience to drive consistent growth. With a record of developing winning strategies, profitably growing service businesses and leading high-performance teams to achieve aggressive targets, Tom works to understand the customer and what they need. Focusing marketing programs on cost effective strategies to reach and convert the customer, he supports marketing strategy, customer experience, marketing technology, attribution, and predictive analytics projects.
How Tom has Helped Businesses Grow
- Transformed the company as he transformed marketing at Zovio. Helped design the strategy to convert the business to a services provider, then rebranded and relaunched.
- Achieved 100% of the demand generation plan in the first quarter rebranding and relaunching Ashford University as UAGC.
- Ratcheted down the cost of doing business by insourcing media buying, outsourcing creative development, and adding a marketing analytics capability.
- Drove a 20% performance improvement transforming education's largest internet advertising program in a multi-hundred million dollar spend at Apollo Group.
- Led Aptimus to become a top education lead generation platform and helped sell to University of Phoenix, its largest client.
- Grew Net Revenue from $300,000 to $1,100,000 at American List Counsel/Impower.
- CMO, Zovio
- CMO, Bridgepoint Education
- SVP, University Strategy, Product Marketing, Affiliate Marketing, Apollo Education Group
- General Manager, Aptimus
- VP, American List Counsel/Impower
- Ascendo Resources (Staffing & Recruiting)
- MBA, Marketing, San Francisco State University
- BA, Philosophy, University of California, Berkeley
- Digital Marketing
- Growth Strategy
- Direct Marketing