The Scale Plan
After you reach Product Market Fit, your investors now expect you to deliver multiple years of exponential revenue growth. The SCALE Plan allows your marketing functions to grow as your company grows.
Who's it for?
- Executive teams that don’t see results while marketing costs go up
- SaaS companies with fast changing marketing leadership needs
What's it for?
- Removing marketing as a growth inhibitor and limiting outside agency dependency
- Ensuring growth marketing leadership while searching for a permanent CMO
- Crossing the chasm to the early majority customers
- Raising your next round of funding
ARR, ARR and ARR
How can you drive growth exponentially?
- Reduce churn and fix any “leaky buckets” before pouring in more cash
- Get Customer Acquisition Cost (CAC) below Customer Lifetime Value (LTV)
- Improve Average Revenue Per User (or Customer) and grow deal size
Marketing to Scale your ARR
Your marketing needs will change dramatically over the course of this growth curve, and our team of CMOs will be able to bring in the right experience at the right time. Our CMOs can:
- Make difficult positioning choices
- Launch a global channel program (VARs, OEMs, ODMs, ISVs)
- Move upmarket and build an enterprise ABM system
- Optimize your “house of brands” or “branded house”
- Build an effective influencer marketing capability
- Organize regular customer or partner events
- Turn you content marketing into an organic “growth flywheel"
- Raise A, B or C round of financing
Even the most experienced CMOs don’t have all the answers. Some CMOs are more experienced in the art of marketing, others in the science. To scale, you need excellence in both, which our flexible service can provide.
As your company moves through its growth phases, your CMO will bring in other CMOs with unique expertise (e.g., moving from B2C to B2B or adding a channel model). If the needs of our CMO leadership role change significantly, you can change your primary CMO.
Our CMO-as-a-Service programs allow you to get in and out as you require. The typical duration of the SCALE Plan varies from 1 to 5 years. This service is optimized to give you the right SaaS CMO expertise to address all the challenges you’ll encounter.
The Importance of T2D3
While only a small percentage of companies grow to $100M in 5 years, this focus on ARR growth is crucial and had to be holistic. You cannot fall into the trap of just focusing on lead generation or customer success. MQL, ARPU, churn, and CAC all need to be addressed together to get ARR (or MRR) to scale exponentially. That’s where T2D3 comes in.
- Triple your ARR two years in a row
- Then double your ARR three years in a row
Easy? No. Doable? Very hard, but it can help with your next round of funding. We can help:
- Implement nurture and retention programs to reduce churn
- Optimize marketing channels and lower your Customer Acquisiton Cost
- Improve funnel speed and conversion by reducing friction
- Drive upset disciple and automation to improve ARPU
The companies that inspired the T2D3 "rule"
Pay for Performance
20% of the monthly retainer will be subject to recurring revenue year-over-year (YOY) growth. The first 10% will be paid as long as your YOY ARR/MRR growth (monthly calculation) is at least 1.5x. The next 10% will be paid if your YOY ARR/MRR is > 2.5x.
“Stijn had a way of seeing the big picture, and to pull different parts together from product to marketing across the company.”
— Dan Kessler - President, Workplace Dynamics