Rob is a Chief Outsiders CMO and passionate senior business strategist based in Laguna Beach, California. He delivers pragmatic and creative customer acquisition strategies to help Fortune 500, mid-sized and growth companies grow revenues and profits. He thrives solving complex problems with thoughtful, enthusiastic teams through inventive business solutions—enabling companies to change scale and improve key business metrics while delighting and serving their customers.
How Rob has Helped Businesses Grow
- Crafted all facets of marketing and communication strategy as part of brand repositioning for B2B data licensor. Increased annual media value to $27 million (+38% YOY) and grew annual audience exposure to 152.4 million people (+28% YOY).
- Established customer acquisition strategy including display and search strategies, cost-per-acquisition partnerships, mobile marketing, affiliate program and social acquisition programs for e-commerce startup that drove over 75% of new customers.
- Repositioned streaming music services’ value proposition and pricing strategy, increasing subscriber base 40%.
- Formulated and executed promotions and partnerships to achieve revenue targets and traffic goals for six established business lines and new product initiatives for major real estate web portal. Surpassed customer goal by 19% using 80% of budget.
- Re-launched two basic cable networks, increasing distribution by over 50%.
- Directed the planning and implementation of distribution, positioning and advertising strategies for the No. 1 premium cable channel. Implemented national, regional, and local promotional programs.
Executive Marketing Experience
- Senior Vice President, Marketing, RealtyTrac
- Vice President, Marketing, M-GO (Technicolor and DreamWorks Animation)
- Vice President, Marketing, Napster (A Best Buy Company)
- Vice President, Marketing, Move, Inc./Realtor.com
- Vice President, Marketing, Sony Pictures Digital Networks
- Vice President, Business Development, Lifetime Television
- Director, Marketing Strategy, Home Box Office
- Industry Experience: Entertainment, Consumer Products, Real Estate, Technology, E-commerce, Music, Fashion, Beauty, Construction and Digital Media
- Giroux Glass Inc (Building Materials)
- Moody Rambin Interests (Real Estate)
- VFS Fire & Security Services (Construction)
- Phylmar Group - Lead gen program (Environmental Services)
- SC Builders (Construction)
- Geraci LLP (Legal Services)
- Precept Inc (Insurance)
- REMAX/Elite (Real Estate)
- Iron Construction, Inc. (Construction)
- College Hunks Brand (Consumer Services)
- Spatialest (Computer Software)
- Ignite Payments (Computer Software)
- Casco Contractors Inc (Construction)
- Virtual Post Solutions Inc (Consumer Services)
- ClearPath Business Advisors, Inc. (Management Consulting)
- SharpDots, Inc. (Printing)
- Menlo Technologies (Computer Software)
- MBA, Marketing, Anderson School of Management, University of California at Los Angeles, CA
- BS, Psychology, Tulane University, LA
"Rob has the book smarts but more importantly the ‘people smarts’ when advising my company on business and growth strategy. Rob changed the way we approach marketing. He also hit his deliverables in an approachable, refreshing and empowering fashion. We look forward to inviting him back on future projects."
Alex Sanz, CEO, Virtual Post Mail
- Digital Marketing
- Competitive Strategy
- Brand Strategy/Refresh
- Go-to-Market Strategy