"Pete very quickly understood our business, was able to think strategically, and without pause added value to our planning and decision making process." Bob Wilbur, CEO, Salient Systems
Security software innovation leader going from regional to national.
Industry in transition from analog to IP (digital) technology.
Innovative channel strategy, great product positioned company for success.
"I really appreciate Pete's leadership. He worked collaboratively with me to pull together a thorough plan which was invaluable to me. Now, we're working together to get it done." Mary Wilbur, Marketing Director, Salient Systems
Collaborate with executive team to develop and execute the annual marketing plan.
Define implementable strategy to support a national rollout of Salient Systems' Video Management System security solutions, increasing sales 3.5x the prior year level, while reducing marketing investment as a percent of sales by 50%.
Conducted in-depth interviews with key executives and managers, sales leaders, industry pundits and partners; analyzed industry research documents; performed competitive reviews; led website search visibility assessment. Collaborated with marketing team to evaluate prior year budget effectiveness and prioritize new year opportunities.
- Go-to-market channel map - including key investment points and relationships.
- Marketing objectives - three pillars and integral components.
- Key Leading Indicators - monthly measurements for each pillar and component.
- Key marketing investments - expected spending for each pillar and component.
- Marketing investment landscape - model that visually captures investment magnitude and relevance across the sales and support cycle.
- Key message summary - message grid (two pronged) with supporting proof points called out for both company relevance and product relevance.
- Company and product differentiation points - message maps relating key company and product differentiators to separate reseller and end-customer audiences.
- Social media guidance - snapshot recommendation of how to approach content syndication (priority), BLOGging (opportunity) and Twitter (dabble) in new year.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) situation assessment - solicited and performed by 3rdparty, this assessment demonstrated massive opportunity for increasing visibility (top-of-find) with relevant search considerers.
Chief Outsider has been retained to guide implementation of new year marketing plan to hit key goals in online marketing, sales funnel development and channel enablement.