Adriana is a Chief Outsiders CMO based in Orange County, California. She helps B2C companies, start-ups, and turn-arounds create and execute strategies to improve product positioning, brand recognition, and revenue. A wiz at brand and business strategy, Adriana is an expert in both the Retail environment as well as E-Commerce direct-to-consumer platforms. Adriana’s global career make her uniquely qualified for international projects. and Hispanic marketing. She speaks fluent Portuguese, Spanish and English.
How Adriana has Helped Businesses Grow
- Pillsbury International – Expertise: International Expansion: successfully led the marketing team in the expansion of the four Pillsbury megabrands – Green Giant, Pillsbury, Old El Paso and Haagen Dasz, into Greece, the Middle East, Israel and Russia, adapting the positioning and messaging of each Brand to the local culture, customs and consumer needs.
- Haagen-Dazs – Expertise: New Product Development: matching her deep knowledge of the Latin culture with her expertise in the New Product Development Process (i.e. Stage Gate) Adriana successfully led the development and launch of the Haagen-Dasz Dulce de Leche flavor. This exotic, yet familiar, flavor became a favorite in the US, not only among the Hispanic consumers but of Americans in general, becoming the second best seller flavor in the Haagen-Dasz portfolio.
- Disneyland Resort – Expertise: Expansion and Repositioning: Adriana was a key member of the Opening Team for Disney’s California Adventure, Downtown Disney and 3 Hotels adding to Disneyland in CA. She led the repositioning of the Disneyland Park to a multi-day vacation Resort destination by differentiating each resort property (Disneyland, Disney’s California Adventure, Downtown Disney and Resort Hotels) in the minds of the guests. The growth plan included a robust redesign of the Annual Pass program to increase attendance days amongst local California residents, and a full integrated marketing campaign to launch the new park Disney’s California Adventure.
- ConAgra Foods – Expertise: Growing Retail Distribution – Adriana positioned the company for profitable growth through building brand preference and loyalty among the Hispanic community in the United States beyond advertising. Partnering with key retailers like Walmart and HEB, Adriana designed experiential marketing programs (demos, events, challenges, community outreach) to engage consumers in a cost effective way and drive sales to the new key retailers. These efforts solidified the long-term distribution partnership.
- Arbonne - Expertise: E-Commerce Business Turn Around: Adriana lead the turnaround of this direct to consumer (DTC) E-Commerce privately-held company on the skin care and cosmetics industry, reversing top line erosion in record time, from a decline of -1.5% in February 2010, to a positive growth of 2.5% by December 2010. The road to turnaround included the development and launch of a complete line of Nutritional Supplements to enhance the portfolio (“beauty inside and out”), new customer acquisition through social media and SEO, and the redesign of the marketing department.
- Isagenix - Expertise: Accelerate E-Business Growth: Adriana redesigned the marketing strategies and established a balance between in-house and outsourced resources to allow long-term business growth. Adriana also led the development and launch of the Isagenix Skincare line (Rejuvity) to augment the company’s product offering. As a result, this direct to consumer (DTC) Health and Wellness leader in the E-Commerce space doubled its growth rate year-over-year (from 30% in 2012) to 60% in 2013, and 62% in 2014.
- DKA.com – Expertise – Portfolio expansion and go-to market strategy for “better for you” product line: Dr. Kellyann Petrucci launched books on the power of the Paleo lifestyle and is the best seller author of “The Bone Broth Diet”. To broaden the appeal of her nutritional knowledge and her belief in pure and simple ingredients list, Adriana was brought in to develop a pipeline of new products true to DKA’s ingredients’ and production philosophy, and develop an omni-channel go-to-market strategy (e-commerce and retail presence).
- Clorox Healthcare (HC) Division – Expertise: Customer Segmentation to Drive New Go-to-Market Strategy - Adriana led the initiative that segmented the broader audience of Healthcare Professionals using Clorox products into groups in a meaningful way. Based on attitudes, priorities and specific needs, each newly developed segment was then approached with specific messaging and product offering, leveraging Clorox's unique IP and defining a new go-to market strategy for Clorox HC division.
Walker Advertising (PE owned) – Expertise: Digital Lead Generation and Internal Branding to Accelerate Growth – Walker Advertising is the #1 advertising agency for legal services in California with $50MM revenue, aiming to double its revenues within 3-5 years preparing for sale. Adriana developed a deep understanding of the Legal Services Market and brought “the voice of the client” to the employees, engaging the whole company in the new “value proposition” for Walker. The result was a refreshed Positioning and Branding that all employees could rally behind. The next step was to revisit Walkers traditional go-to-market strategy (through TV and Radio) and establish a strong Digital footprint. The digital strategy included reputation management, pay-per-click, programmatic, and SEO. Crucial to the success was the consolidation of 9 different digital agencies and affiliates into 2 digital partners working in strategical and tactical alignment, and recruiting the right talent to lead the Digital team.
Awards and Honors
- American Business Association - Woman of Distinction, 2003
- Stevie Award, Silver - CMO Maverick of the Year, 2014
Executive Marketing Experience
- CEO, HearAid Foundation
- SVP & CMO, Isagenix
- SVP & CMO, Arbonne International
- SVP Marketing & Corporate Communications, St. Joseph Health System
- VP of Family Meals & Multicultural Marketing, ConAgra Foods
- Director of Strategic Brand Management, The Walt Disney Corporation
- MeBe Family (Healthcare)
- Retinal Imaging Systems (Healthcare)
- Nutrition53 (Health, Wellness and Fitness)
- DrKellyann.com (Health, Wellness and Fitness)
- Biofield Healing Institute (Wellness)
- The Perfect Workout (Fitness)
- Inked Organic Bread Co. (Food)
- Bullock Museum of Texas History (Culture and Entertainment)
- Fuel-Rod (Electronics and Assesories)
- KTGY Architecture + Design (Professional Services)
- Digital Marketing Analytics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- MBA, Harvard Business School
- B.S. Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing and Finance, Fundaçao Getulio Vargas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
“Chief Outsiders brought immediate expertise and leadership to my marketing department, freeing up more of my time to focus on growth initiatives rather than try to figure out marketing, which is outside of my wheelhouse as CEO. Their value far outweighs their cost and I’m excited for continued leveraged growth in 2021."
Paul Baeyens, CEO, Oceanside Health
"We've looked at COVID-19 as an "unprecedentedly rare" opportunity to re-invent FuelRod. With the help of our fractional CMO from Chief Outsiders, we capitalized on this "quiet period" to upgrade our go-to-market strategy following the OGSP process. I'm immensely confident that FuelRod will emerge from the pandemic as a stronger competitor with new distribution channels, expanded product portfolio, and sharpened messaging. Thank you, Adri!"
Chi Yau, FuelRod
"Adri Lynch (our fractional CMO) has been excellent. She is extremely intelligent, has a lot of useful marketing knowledge, generates quite a few good ideas, and has good reasoning behind her ideas. She has helped us switch to better vendors more quickly than we otherwise would have (and to better vendors than we otherwise would have), negotiates hard on our behalf for great terms in marketing deals our company enters into, and she also has a lot of great energy."
Matt Hedman, Founder, The Perfect Workout
"Adri is an amazing addition to our leadership team. I’d have absolutely no hesitation recommending Chief Outsiders to a friend if I thought they would be provided someone of her caliber. "
Patrick Bunt, Co-Founder/President, MeBe
"I wanted to thank you for the excellent work and significant contributions you made as a fractional CMO for Best of Organic LLC. I was impressed how quickly you were able to review and recommend improvements and enhancements to the brand strategy. Your work on repositioning and expanding the brand for more consumers, designing new labels which highlighted benefits and detailed usage occasions was some of the best work I have seen. I appreciated your working with the team to make connections with service providers and establish sound marketing processes and budgets. Your willingness to dig into small but important daily issues was also very impressive. You were very flexible with your time which helped with everyone’s busy schedules. I would recommend you very highly!"
Kevin Adams, Chairman of the Board, Best of Organic LLC