Are you experiencing one or more of these challenges?
- Frustrated because sales have plateaued, or go up and down
- Feeling pressure from the Board to do something to grow faster
- Prospects don’t see you as much different than your competitors
- Have many ideas for growth, but no formal process for prioritizing
Bob will collaborate with your leadership team to develop ways your company can grow both sales and margin—despite high uncertainty and market shifts.
How Bob has Helped Businesses Grow
- Helped a leadership team achieve four years of 38% compound annual growth rate by discovering and communicating the compelling reasons why prospects should buy the company’s hardware and software solution.
- Generated a projected $1 million in margin improvement annually helping a value-added tech reseller decouple its margins from Cost of Goods Sold.
- Landed a Fortune 100 customer by creating a value story and finding new markets for a precision components manufacturer.
- Achieved over $2 million of annual recurring profit improvement developing changes to terms of sale and pricing for an electronics manufacturer.
- Arrested a trend of eroding margins and boosted enterprise value for a distributor by creating a new value and pricing strategy.
- Opened multi-million contract discussions with two Fortune 500 prospects after researching new markets and developing a value story and new selling tools for a service parts distributor.
- President, Marketwerks
- President, DeliveryStation
- CMO, Wickes
- Region GM, GE
- Xymox (Control Components)
- IPT Well Solutions (Consulting Engineers)
- Viking Masek (Automated Packaging)
- HOH Water Technology Inc. (Chemicals)
- Ellis Corporation (Capital Equipment)
- Hatco Corporation (Commercial Kitchen Equipment)
- Rockford Manufacturing Group, Inc. (Machinery)
- Matrix Design (Industrial Automation)
- StayOnline LLC (Electrical Manufacturing)
- 48 Barriers (Distribution)
- Industrial Plankton (Aquaculture)
- PathoSans (Chem tech)
- Exacto International (Ag chemicals)
- Crevco (Cabinet Manufacturing)
- ProAction Group (Professional Services)
- Microporous (Materials for Rechargeable Batteries)
- Eagle Fire (Fire Protection Systems)
- Kelvix (Architectural Lighting)
- Progressive Components (Machine Performance Measurement)
- Entech Fabrications (Packaging Automation)
- Lynn Electronics (Datacom Products)
- GEM Manufacturing (Precision Components)
- MBA, Amos Tuck School of Business Administration, Dartmouth College
- BA in Economics, University of Maine
“One of the advantages to working with people like Bob Sherlock and Chief Outsiders versus other consultants is they are very hands-on in their approach to solving problems. They don't just come in, ask a lot of questions of your employees, compile a bunch of data and walk away. They compile the data, we review the data together, we identify where the opportunities are to improve, and then they stay with us all the way through implementation. That's one of the things that I love the best about working with Bob and Chief Outsiders.”
- Mark Panico, StayOnline
“Bringing in Chief Outsiders is one of the best business decisions we’ve ever made.”
- Bill Van Kirk, CEO, and Joe Van Kirk, COO, 48 Barriers
"Our company, Hatco, engaged Chief Outsiders on a strategic planning project to help us identify key opportunities and threats in our marketplace. Bob Sherlock and Chief Outsiders helped us develop strategies to address key opportunities and threats.
Bob did an excellent job helping us analyze market data, and also interviewed key customers to identify important issues. He guided us through processes that helped us prioritize strategies and build business cases. We were able to develop a three year strategy map for product development and services to help our company successfully grow in the future. Bob was very easy to work with. He consistently brought insights and experiences that were helpful to our management team. He introduced tools into our business that were new, while also being easy to use and effective. Bob leveraged the full knowledge base of the Chief Outsiders team to maximize insights and ideas that truly changed our strategic focus and thinking.
I would strongly recommend Bob Sherlock and Chief Outsiders to any growth oriented company that needs help in analyzing its markets, customers and products while also seeking guidance in building effective strategies for the future. Hatco is extremely satisfied with the value provided by Bob and his team at Chief Outsiders."
- Mike Whiteley, VP of Sales and Marketing, Hatco