A high impact marketing leader, Carol defines and executes strategies for companies navigating transformation and seeking to grow. She is adept at building and executing the marketing strategies and tactics that will secure new customers, expand revenues from existing customers, and create new markets for growth. Carol blends the combination of functional and leadership skills formed in blue chip companies with an action-oriented, pragmatic mindset developed through start-up and mid-market experiences. A business strategist, Martech expert, natural team leader, demand gen pro, and storyteller with a deep belief in delivering outstanding customer experiences, Carol helps clients build customer-driven solutions and articulate their value in-market, expertly leveraging and optimizing digital channels to deliver growth.
How Carol has Helped Businesses Grow
- Guided a Virtual Reality startup to identify the optimal target market for its emerging B2B solution
- Led the turnaround of a B2B SaaS company’s demand gen function and digital infrastructure to support a corporate restructure.
- Transformed the revenue mix to higher margin digital solutions at ALM Media to achieve EBITDA growth goals.
- Drove 7-digit annualized revenue growth by launching new digital advertising products including ALM Fusion, a content and ABM marketing solution for advertisers.
- Freed costly sales organizations at ALM Media and LexisNexis to focus on higher-value prospects by shifting accountability for lower-value sales and recurring-revenue streams to the more efficient marketing channel.
- Increased awareness of LexisNexis’ Lawyers.com by 30% in one year, while driving traffic increase of 22%, leveraging 100% digital channels.
- Successfully launched new SaaS-based solution, delivering 2,000 trials in 6 weeks to a highly specialized professional services audience.
- Grew the AT&T TeleConference business from $125M to $250M over four years by identifying buyers and building solutions to meet their needs.
- Increased market share 35% and delivered 30% to 40% margins managing and optimizing $135 Million advertising budget while leading the CALLATT business.
Executive Marketing Experience
- CMO, ALM Media
- SVP Marketing, qbeats, Inc.
- Managing Director, Client Services, HNW, Inc.
- VP, Marketing, LexisNexis – Reed Elsevier
- Global B2B Marketing Strategic Planning, MasterCard Worldwide
- US Customer Marketing Group Head, MasterCard Worldwide
- GM, CALLATT and AT&T TeleConference
- Division Manager, AT&T Acquisition Marketing
- Diligent Corporation
BSBA, Marketing, Magna Cum Laude, West Virginia University
Graduate: AT&T Advanced Management Program
Graduate: Reed Elsevier Business Leadership Program
Pragmatic Marketing Certified
- B2B Media/Marketing Solutions
- Growth Strategy
- Sales/Marketing Automation/MarTech
- Recurring Revenues/Subscriptions