A hands-on, marketing, strategy and revenue growth executive, Craig builds, scales, and rapidly grows businesses via pragmatic, actionable, and measurable strategies and go-to-market initiatives. Craig is highly skilled at working cross-functionally to help achieve immediate wins and consistent revenue and earnings growth by leveraging his understanding of complex markets, identifying new opportunities, and building market-leading solutions and market deployment strategies. Dynamic, visionary and charismatic, Craig possesses the leadership, drive, passion and skills to impact and advance the goals, objectives and mission of organizations.
How Craig has Helped Businesses Grow
- As Global CMO and EVP of Global Strategy at Merrill Corporation, Craig grew organic SaaS revenue from $0 to $190 million with high gross margins and EBITDA for the Merrill Datasite business line. Achieved #1 global market share position supported by innovative digital, social and DR initiatives. Business sold for $1.3B.
- Established #2 market share position for Merrill Transaction and Compliance Solutions and created market coverage models that led to 60%+ market share of the Fortune 500.
- As CMO at Paisley, built innovative content-based direct response marketing strategy and programs that delivered 85% of all new sales opportunities. Business grew 35% YOY and was sold to Thomson Reuters.
- As CMO and SVP of Product Strategy and Partnerships at HighJump Software, Craig led the transition from an unknown brand to the fastest growing company in the e-fulfillment and supply chain execution industry. Revenue grew from $3M to $45M resulting in successful exit 5 years later with sale to The 3M Company.
- Developed next-phase growth strategy and go-to-market plan for Bushel, the grain industry’s first automated SaaS mobile app platform.
- As General Manager, achieved revenue run rate of $1 million in 12 months and candidate retention rates of 90% versus industry benchmark of 55% at Capella Education Company.
Executive Marketing Experience
- General Manager and VP, Capella Education Company
- EVP and CMO Global Marketing and Strategy, Merrill Corporation
- CMO, Paisley
- CMO and SVP of Strategic Alliances, HighJump Software, A 3M Company
- Board of Directors, Ecova (an Insight Venture Partners portfolio company)
- Board of Directors, Tongal (an Insight Venture Partners portfolio company)
- University of Minnesota, Carlson School of Management
- Harvard Business School
- Growth Strategy
- Market Penetration & Growth
- Go-to-Market Strategy