Ian is a Chief Outsiders CMO and performance driven marketer based in New York City. He helps CEO’s smooth the pathway to reinvention, knowing exactly what strategies to implement in growth and turnaround situations. Relying on technology, data analytics and consumer insight to create customer segmentation, acquisition and retention strategies, Ian leverages digital technology to optimize marketing efforts. He also helps businesses define go-to-market strategies, create customer experiences, and develop marketing and merchandising integration strategies while building and leading high-performance teams.
How Ian has Helped Businesses Grow
- Achieved the first quarterly comp-store gain in two years while growing e-commerce business by 25 percent in just 12 months creating and implementing a turnaround strategy for a $125 million 100-store and e-commerce footwear and accessories division.
- Achieved record sales and profits, improving EBITA by 42 percent and revenues by 17 percent over three years, turning around and growing a 50-store, $40 million European women’s ready-to-wear retail and wholesale apparel and accessories brand.
- Returned a bankrupt division of a multi-billion-dollar global footwear entity back into profitability within 18 months without added capital.
- Achieved double-digit operating profit growth for two straight years in the fitness category for Sears and Kmart, reversing five years of prior declines.
Executive Marketing Experience
- Managing Director, Pheasant Hill Partners, Inc.
- CEO, The Picture People
- Chief Marketing and E-Commerce Officer, Sears Holdings
- President, Retail & E-Commerce, Steve Madden Ltd.
- President, North America, Olsen Fashion
- President, North America, Athletes World / Bata Shoe Company
- Senior Vice President, Marketing, Footlocker Inc., Champs Sports Division
- Vice President, Marketing, Starter Corporation
- Vice President, International, Wolverine Worldwide
- Group Brand Manager, Bacardi Imports
- Brand Manger, Cola-Cola Company, Minute Maid and Hi-C Fruit drinks
- Foryourparty.com (Consumer Goods -Retail)
- Real Eats.com (Consumer Goods - Retail)
- Cali Flooring.com (Consumer Goods - Wholesale & Retail)
- Buylowwarehouse.com (Consumer Goods - Retail)
- Ubiome.com (Consumer Goods - Retail)
- World Emblem International, Inc (B2B Apparel & Fashion)
- Energy Impact Partners (Venture Capital & Private Equity)
- The Wicks Group of Companies (Venture Capital & Private Equity)
- Master’s in Business Administration, Marketing/Management, University of Miami
- Bachelor of Science, Communications/Marketing, Boston University
- Omni-Channel Marketing
- Brand Strategy/Refresh
- Positioning & Messaging
- Digital Transformation