Kim Salzer focuses on demand creation to drive profit through great product, acquiring users, creating desire and leading talented teams. Driving innovation to ensure the cycle continues, she helps companies develop strategies and build brands for long-term growth and sustainability. Having developed some of the world’s most recognized brands (Clorox Disinfecting Wipes, Call of Duty, among others), Kim excels in developing Brand Value Propositions, Brand Family Hierarchies, Product-Market Fit, Product Positionings and corresponding Product Roadmaps. An underlying component across all of her roles has been building the digital capabilities to support the brand goals, including forward-thinking acquisition strategies as well as long-term customer retention. As a consultant, Kim has advised various high growth companies in a variety of environments spanning Fortune 500 to start-ups on brand strategy, growth marketing, digital capabilities and organizational structure.
How Kim has Helped Businesses Grow
- Improved CPA by 30%+ and transformed early-stage marketing team to best-in-class, effectively balancing brand and performance and marketing priorities at Ozobot, across Shopify and Amazon.
- Grew revenue by 300% and reached profitability in 3 years building a best-in-class team at Gifts.com and reimagining the business into an e-commerce marketplace platform with personalization tools and extensive content.
- Drove 68%+ unique visitor growth year over year and a 4.5-star rating in the App Store releasing new mobile experience and interstitial mobile ads and landing pages at Citysearch.
- Grew the Guitar Hero business +$300MM in under one year running long-term planning, forecasting, P&L management, music/talent licensing, hardware inventory, game development, downloadable content and marketing at Activision Blizzard.
- Achieved 1 million+ users and $400 million in year one, surpassing goals by 100% at Electronic Arts leading Pogo subscription service, developing concept, name, logo, target, positioning, pricing, prizing, user tour, and marketing plan.
- CMO, Ozobot
- GM (CEO), Gifts.com
- GM, Citysearch
- VP Marketing & Product, Linden Lab/Second Life
- VP Global Brand Management, Activision
- VP Marketing, The Learning Company
- Director of Product Marketing, Electronic Arts
- Brand Manager, Leiner Health Products
- Brand Manager, The Clorox Company
- B.A., Communication Studies, University of California, Los Angeles
- MBA, University of California, Los Angeles - The Anderson School of Management
- Consumer Goods
- Market/Consumer Insight
- Brand Strategy/Refresh
- Digital Transformation
- Product Positioning & Messaging
- Customer Journey
- Product Innovation
- Go-to-Market Plan
- Amazon/Online Marketplaces