Thomas is a veteran B2B leader helping businesses to unlock growth and build a commercial engine. He brings focus to the "critical few" and helps grow the muscle to win in a world of SaaS, low-cost global producers, and technology disruptors. His unique skill set drives insight-driven strategy, discovery-based agile product development, margin improvement, high commit channels, and integrated demand generation linking sales, marketing, and digital.
How Thomas has Helped Businesses Grow
- Increased the lifetime value of a customer by 4X with a breakthrough strategy worth $50M, by changing the game from hardware sell to a "real estate" strategy, moving customers up the product stack as they grow. .
- Created a $30M incremental recurring revenue stream with a path to $100M for a traditional industrial business by developing a SaaS-based remote monitoring, diagnostic, and controls offering.
- Grew a payments solution business from $400M to $800M based on a new product strategy around secure encrypted payments, rethinking everything that happened in the business and driving commercialization through an extended partner ecosystem.
- Reversed share loss in a dysfunctional and ineffective 2-tiered channel for a $600M business.
- Deployed a structured VCM program to achieve 3% net of inflation price flow through to variable contribution margin across 3 opco's, yielding between .5 and 3%.
- Restructured a poorly performing 80 person sales team with 18% turnover and 80% attainment to drive 3% YoY sales productivity, increasing attainment to 95%, and reducing turnover by 50%.
- Developed a $30M incremental high-probability pipeline by deploying a strategic accounts team spanning 3 opcos and covering the top 10 strategic customers for the business.
- Founder, Commercial Performance, LLC
- Chief Commercial Officer, Honeywell SPS
- GM NA Productivity Products, Honeywell SPS
- P&L leader Ackermann and Global Tracking, Honeywell SPS
- Multiple C-level roles Fortive/Danaher–Gilbarco Veeder Root
- Vice President Global Product Management
- GM of Payments
- GM Automation
- Vice President of Global Engineering
- Principal, Booz Allen Hamilton
- M.S. Mechanical Engineering, Stanford University
- MBA, University of Michigan
- B.S. Physics, Hope College
- Creating a Product Engine
- Sales and Channel Performance