Kirk is a Chief Outsiders CMO based in Los Angeles, and a seasoned marketing executive and strategic business advisor to hospitality, retail and service-industry businesses. A progressive consumer, B2B and digital marketer, he drives brand, product and service launches and grows market segments and revenue with a focus on retailing, promotion and digital, as well as overall service and experience design, by zeroing in on key segments and their needs.
- Increased sales and market share among young adults and millennial families at
IHOP restaurants—up to 50% of all guest visits—by relaunching new menu/foods,
advertising and social media events, and in-restaurant and digital services.
- Increased loyalty, visit frequency/sales and retail partner participation, for Westfield Malls—up 25% among shopper moms/families—as a result of digital/social/PR strategies to launch new services, mall amenities, and in-mall programs and events.
- Grew REVPAR, occupancy and development pipeline, repositioning and relaunching each full-service and luxury Hilton hotel brand, attracting business travelers, women, resort and younger luxury/leisure travelers with media, content and partnerships.
- Built new product brand business cases and piloted new kids’ beverages and juices, as well as specialty coffees and smoothies for young adults, for The Coca-Cola Company, working closely with McDonald’s in the US, Canada, Europe and Asia.
- Drove awareness of new stores and loyalty club, relaunching OrangeTwist, a Southern California-based growth-stage body|skin|face spa brand.
- Enabled next-stage growth resetting business development strategies, media and digital promotion and new business capabilities presentation approach for OnResearch, a Toronto-based research and insights consultancy.
- CMO/SVP, Marketing & Culinary, IHOP
- VP, Marketing, Westfield Malls
- VP, Global Marketing, Hilton Worldwide
- Group Director, Innovation; Senior Director, International Marketing, The Coca-Cola Company
- SVP, Group Account Director, McCann WorldGroup
- MBA in Marketing, Goizueta Business School at Emory University
- Bachelor’s degree in Political Science & French, Duke University
- Consumer Goods
- Brand Strategy/Refresh
- Go-to-Market Strategy
- Product Innovation