Kirk is a Chief Outsiders CMO based in Los Angeles, and a seasoned marketing executive and strategic business advisor to hospitality, retail and service-industry businesses. A quick study of what's working and what's not, he is a progressive marketer, driving brand, product and service channels, helping grow market share and top-line revenue by focusing on retailing, promotion and digital. With years of experience in service and product design strategy, he assesses customer segments, their needs and ways to promote for successful go-to-market plans.
How Kirk has Helped Businesses Grow
- Increased sales and market share among young adults and millennial families at
IHOP restaurants—up to 50% of all guest visits—by relaunching new menu/foods,
advertising and social media events, and in-restaurant and digital services.
- Increased loyalty, visit frequency/sales and retail partner participation, for Westfield Malls—up 25% among shopper moms/families—as a result of digital/social/PR strategies to launch new services, mall amenities, and in-mall programs and events.
- Grew REVPAR, occupancy and development pipeline, repositioning and relaunching each full-service and luxury Hilton hotel brand, attracting business travelers, women, resort and younger luxury/leisure travelers with media, content and partnerships.
- Built new product brand business cases and piloted new kids’ beverages and juices, as well as specialty coffees and smoothies for young adults, for The Coca-Cola Company, working closely with McDonald’s in the US, Canada, Europe and Asia.
- Drove awareness of new stores and loyalty club, relaunching OrangeTwist, a Southern California-based growth-stage body|skin|face spa brand.
- Enabled next-stage growth resetting business development strategies, media and digital promotion and new business capabilities presentation approach for OnResearch, a Toronto-based research and insights consultancy.
- CMO/SVP, Marketing & Culinary, IHOP
- VP, Marketing, Westfield Malls
- VP, Global Marketing, Hilton Worldwide
- Group Director, Innovation; Senior Director, International Marketing, The Coca-Cola Company
- SVP, Group Account Director, McCann WorldGroup
- MBA in Marketing, Goizueta Business School at Emory University
- Bachelor’s degree in Political Science & French, Duke University
- Digital Marketing
- Brand Strategy/Refresh
- Go-to-Market Strategy
- Rapid Brand and Market Assessments
- Customer Experience and Communication Channels