Pete joined Chief Outsiders after realizing that he wanted to take everything he’d learned in the large corporate world and help smaller companies who could move more quickly. The way the founders were using their big-company experience to quickly and efficiently make struggling small and midsize firms into star companies resonated with him.His background in technology, technology marketing, and digital marketing provides the perfect complement to CEO Art Saxby’s classic marketing and consumer package goods experience. Co-author of #1 Amazon Best Seller "The Growth Gears", Pete and the Chief Outsiders tribe apply a rich playbook and a demonstrated process to turn your midsize company or new marketing unit into a proven revenue generator. Through the Chief Outsiders practice, and as the firm’s CMO, Pete helps mid-market technology and professional services businesses implement business development and operations plans for healthy growth. Effectively applying his digital marketing, promotion strategy, brand development and professional services expertise, he develops,markets he directs all of Chief Outsiders growth programs and operations.
How Pete has Helped Businesses Grow
- Helped hundreds of midsize companies achieve new levels of growth, profitability and success as a Principal and CMO at Chief Outsiders.
- Channeled a $10 million budget to drive $5 billion in sales for AMD. Redefined complex ingredient-branding model, providing programatic marketing support for product teams, global regions and corporate marketing.
- Founded SicolaMartin’s interactive marketing unit, growing it into a multimillion-dollar firm boasting clients such as Dell, Motorola, 3M and IBM.
- Pushed agency margins 50% higher than industry norms delivering marketing consulting services to Fortune 500 companies and technology startups.
- Guided the growth of Businessland from $200 million to $1.3 billion.
Client Case Studies
Executive Marketing Experience
- VP, Global Integrated Marketing, Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)
- VP, Strategic Services, SicolaMartin/Young & Rubicam
- GM, SicolaMartin Interactive
- Director, Global Marketing & Communications, IBM Personal Software Products
- VP, Worldwide Marketing, E-Mu Systems
- Director, Marketing & Communications, Businessland, Inc.
- B.Sc. Industrial Engineering and Operations Research, University of California, Berkeley
- School of Engineering, graduate studies in Operations Research and minor in Electrical Engineering & Computer Sciences