An international marketing executive with more than 25 years of diverse and measurable success, Tim differentiates companies and new technologies for optimum growth and maximum ROMI. With a broad knowledge of marketing strategy and tactics spanning retailtech, fintech, medtech, cybertech and other sectors, he builds programs and processes dedicated to driving measurable bottom-line results, on-time and on-budget. A specialist in positioning strategy and messaging, Tim engineers strategy with a customer focus to connect brands in a meaningful way and deliver a unified and compelling value proposition.
How Tim has Helped Businesses Grow
- Jumpstarted revenue and brand visibility in an established market at Clear Demand with competitive brand/market positioning and demand generation and communication programs.
- Contributed to the fastest enterprise sale in company history at The 41st Parameter designing and implementing demand generation programs and processes that increased pipeline and sales.
- Converted qualified opportunities at 40% rate executing high-impact demand generation programs at Vcommerce. Developed and launched new corporate vision and market position.
- Generated 10X return on invested capital at Khimetrics with sale to global software giant SAP AG, drove 3-year sales growth of 1675% pioneering marketing programs, and made Inc. 500 list of fastest-growing private companies 2X.
- Consistently expanded lead pipeline by more than 20% developing a revenue generation program at Xantel.
- Increased sales by 200% in the first six months at TekNow. Reduced expenses by 40% restructuring marketing organization and reduced sales cycle time by automating processes.
- SVP, Marketing, Clear Demand
- SVP, Marketing, Response Analytics
- Vice President, Marketing, The 41st Parameter Corporation
- Vice President, Marketing, Vcommerce Corporation
- Vice President, Solution Marketing. SAP AG
- Vice President, Marketing, Khimetrics Corporation
- Vice President, Marketing, Xantel Corporation
- Vice President, Marketing, Teknow Inc.
- eZCom Software (Electronic Data Interchange, SaaS)
- Eastridge Workforce Solutions (Workforce Management Solutions, Software/Services)
- DADJ Global (Talent Outsourcing, SaaS/Services)
- Gridspace (Contact Center Automation, SaaS)
- Master, International Management, Thunderbird School of Global Management
- Bachelor, Business, Finance, University of Calgary
"We are so happy to have worked with Tim Manning and Chief Outsiders. With Tim’s strategic direction we were able to create a comprehensive inbound marketing machine in a much faster time than if we had done it ourselves. From the start, Tim quickly became a part of our team as the CMO. He refined our messaging, created metrics and introduced us to excellent vendors who worked with us to implement marketing automation and increase our SEO. The best part of working with Tim was that he deeply cared and would go the extra mile to make sure we were moving in the right direction. I highly recommend Tim and Chief Outsiders to anyone who wants to put marketing best practices in place and grow their business!"
- Carol Weidner, CEO of eZCom Software
“Tim and I have worked closely where I have seen his marketing and leadership acumen quite closely. You can always rely on Tim for the most professionally competent and diligent work. Tim is a thorough gentleman, a great consummate professional, and a veteran consultant. I highly encourage him as a Fractional CMO.”
- Deepak Jha, CEO – Remote Symphony
- Growth Strategy
- Go-to-Market Strategy
- Positioning & Messaging
- International Expansion
- Channel Strategy
- Demand Generation