Sandy is a Chief Outsiders Partner and CMO. She develops strategy and leads the implementation of growth initiatives for consumer products, technology, fashion, retail, entertainment, education, health care and business services companies of all sizes.
An established leader in marketing, product management, business strategy and leveraging new technologies and innovations for brands, her successful track record spans a variety of B2B and B2C organizations, including 14 years at the Walt Disney Company. By combining strategy, innovation, creativity, financial acumen and tactical know how, Sandy spearheads top-performing and award-winning consumer campaigns.
How Sandy has Helped Businesses Grow
- Financial: Responsible for P&Ls from $50K to $4B.
- New Technologies: Awarded 2012 Golden Bridge Award for Marketer of the Year in the new media/digital technology space.
- Innovations: Led top-performing and award-winning product releases with innovative product, marketing and creative strategies: #1 worldwide DVD (Pirates of the Caribbean); #1 animated film (Finding Nemo); #1 Re-release (Lion King).
- Product launches: Developed and launched over 200 new products for kids and adults including leading the product development and management, the B2B strategy to secure distribution and the B2C campaigns to drive demand.
- Branding: Established a clearly differentiated identity and compelling messaging and branding for Disney products globally; business to business services such as Forensics Analytics Crime Lab, Hanson Laboratory Supplies; Los Angeles College of Music and individual thought leaders.
- Organizational Alignment: Led the transition of Disney’s marketing from separate domestic and international business units to a global structure, creating worldwide operational efficiencies, local market effectiveness, and territory empowerment.
Client Case Studies
- SVP Worldwide Brand Marketing/Product Management, Disney Home Entertainment
- SVP Marketing/General Manager Emerging Markets (China, Russia, India), Disney Home Entertainment
- SVP Cross-Channel New Product Strategies and Development, Walt Disney Studios
- VP North America Brand Marketing/Product Management, Disney Home Entertainment
- Trade Marketing, Disney Home Entertainment and Disney Interactive
- Founder, Business Connect Consulting
- Head of Marketing, Stelle Audio Consumer Electronics
- Head of Marketing, Everloop Digital Start-up
- Manager Marketing, Dole Consumer Products
- Retail Executive Program, May Company
- Industry Experience includes Entertainment, Consumer Products, Technology, Music, Fashion, Retail, Education and Digital Media
- MBA (MM) Marketing and Finance, L. Kellogg Graduate School of Management, Northwestern University, IL
- BA, Organizational Studies and Sociology, University of California at Davis
"Sandy is extraordinary. She really cares about the work she is doing. We felt she was 100% committed to seeing Fire Starter Studios succeed. She went above and beyond by showing us what we needed and better yet, understood that we were an execution based company and helped us learn HOW to execute our marketing."
Rachel Klein - CEO, Fire Starter Studios
“Professional support and innovative ideas. Chief Outsiders is a tremendous resource.” .
Russ Carlin - CMO, Forensic Analytical Consulting Services
“Sandy Barger was just a natural choice. She has all the operating marketing experience for this project that I don’t, exactly what Chief Outsiders was created for.”
Simon Waldron - SVP Marketing and Licensing Americas, Level-5 abby, Inc.
- Demand Generation
- Go-to-Market Strategy
- Positioning & Messaging