Ed is a Chief Outsiders CMO and high-tech executive. He helps B2B and B2C Fortune 500 companies, SMBs and startups create a sustainable competitive advantage by accelerating innovation, reducing time-to-market, decreasing costs and optimizing CX and UX in launching new products and services. Working closely with leadership, Ed leverages field-proven digital transformation strategies that help companies align with the CEO's vision, clarify purpose, and accelerate profitable growth.
- Increased US sales 10X and international sales 2X within 3 years at Parrot. Enabled the creation of the first Bluetooth™ products category/aisle at top retailers and telcos. Led US executive team that helped drive the launch of the IPO.
- Achieved $1 billion in sales and reduced COGS by half from the previous mobile platform launching the first RAZR platform at Motorola. Defined global market requirements, competitive positioning and pricing tiers. Developed a roadmap for a joint project with Apple that evolved into the first iPhone.
- Increased sales 30% in one year by consolidating multiple solutions and channels of a major software development firm into a mobile first retail focus for Lululemon, Neiman Marcus and other top retailers.
- Generated 35% year-on-year sales revenue growth that led to an acquisition by redefining the vision, mission, corporate strategy and executing the implementation plan of a large digital media provider for the health, insurance and utility markets.
- Mentored entrepreneurs and startup teams from seed stage through Series C, M&As and IPO to accelerate sales revenue growth, establish thought leadership, refine competitive positioning, improve CX/UX and develop exit strategies. Also worked with Fortune 500 Corporate Venture Capital teams to define and execute startup investment/acquisition strategies. Helped raise over $100 million for many startups/SMBs including two that received Shark Tank funding.
- Chief Innovation Officer, Momentus (a Softvision company)
- President/COO of Parrot N.A. (French wireless and drone company)
- Vice President, Solutions Marketing, SUN Microsystems (now Oracle)
- Global Director of Marketing, Motorola
- BSEE, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Boston, MA
- Executive MBA, University of Texas, Austin, TX
- Entrepreneur Leadership Program: Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Stanford University Graduate School of Business, Stanford, CA
- Market Penetration & Growth
- Go-to-Market Strategy
- Digital Transformation