Ed is a metric-driven CMO who enables growth that is powered by data (Voice of Customer-focused), scaled by automation and optimized with analytics. By adapting a blend of Fortune 500 and lean startup processes, Ed uses field-proven strategies to accelerate growth, foster collaboration, spark innovation, enhance customer experience and create a sustainable competitive advantage.
How Ed has Helped Businesses Grow
- Increased US sales 10X and international sales 2X within 3 years at Parrot. Enabled the creation of the first Bluetooth™ products category/aisle at top retailers and telcos. Led US executive team that helped drive the launch of the IPO.
- Achieved $1 billion in sales and reduced COGS by half from the previous mobile platform launching the first RAZR platform at Motorola. Defined global market requirements, competitive positioning and pricing tiers. Developed a roadmap for a joint project with Apple that evolved into the first iPhone.
- Increased sales 30% in one year by consolidating multiple solutions and channels of a major software development firm into a mobile first retail focus for Lululemon, Neiman Marcus and other top retailers.
- Generated 35% year-on-year sales revenue growth that led to an acquisition by redefining the vision, mission, corporate strategy and executing the implementation plan of a large digital media provider for the health, insurance and utility markets.
- Mentored entrepreneurs and startup teams from seed stage through Series C, M&As and IPO to accelerate sales revenue growth, establish thought leadership, refine competitive positioning, improve CX/UX and develop exit strategies. Also worked with Fortune 500 Corporate Venture Capital teams to define and execute startup investment/acquisition strategies. Helped raise over $100 million for many startups/SMBs including two that received Shark Tank funding.
Executive Marketing Experience
- Chief Innovation Officer, Momentus (a Softvision company)
- President/COO of Parrot N.A. (French wireless and drone company)
- Vice President, Solutions Marketing, SUN Microsystems (now Oracle)
- Global Director of Marketing, Motorola
- Solugenix (Staffing and Recruiting)
- Canvass Analytics (Industrial Automation)
- Center for Music Therapy Inc (Medical Practice)
- Silicon Integration Initiative, Inc. (Non-Profit Organization Management)
- BlockWave (Computer Software)
- Salient Systems (Computer Software)
- Healthpointe Solutions (Health and Wellness)
- Revealix (Medical Devices)
- Fit Plan (Fitness)
- Academic Partnerships (E-learning)
- FinHous (Real Estate)
- BSEE, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Boston, MA
- Executive MBA, University of Texas, Austin, TX
- Entrepreneur Leadership Program: Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Stanford University Graduate School of Business, Stanford, CA
"Ed’s impact to date has been immediate - he has jumped into a nice combo of tactical/quick wins and scaled up to view 10K feet and start putting the right scaffolding in place. In addition, Ed has offered valuable improvements on processes. Our engagement has gone even better than expected (and expectations were high based on initial impressions). Ed is a good communicator. Chief Outsiders is also strong in their communications."
Ginny Wood, COO, Relearnit
- Market Penetration & Growth
- Competitive Strategy
- Go-to-Market Strategy
- Digital Transformation