Atul is a Chief Outsiders Partner and CMO. He helps growth and medium sized companies achieve their goals and aspirations with cost effective and efficient marketing programs. His experience with start-ups and established companies spans a wide variety of industries, including technology, SaaS, automotive, industrial machinery, healthcare, medical equipment and devices, hospitality, clean energy, financial services and hedge funds. Atul loves to work on business growth problems that have been stewing for some time. He also teaches marketing courses at graduate-level for nine years. He is currently the Professor of Practice at Hult International Business School and teach at their San Francisco, Dubai and London campuses.
How Atul has Helped Businesses Grow
- Created a strong global marketing organization for a medical equipment manufacturer.
- Grew overall market share 20% rebranding current products to effectively co-exist with new digital products.
- Grew market share and revenue in six of seven product categories in medical equipment and devices, developing and implementing comprehensive marketing strategies.
- Improved customer satisfaction by 11 percent in one year for a healthcare company.
- Improved operating margin from -8% to +12% in 3 years for an automotive parts manufacturer. Led business strategy development and implementation.
- Helped a chemical manufacturer negotiate a JV agreement with an international technology startup in Israel and created its strategic go-to-market plan.
- Achieved 3X revenue growth in 4 years serving two tours of duty as fractional CMO for a software development company.
- Developed a new business model (a cross between “Uber” and “surgery centers”) for achieving higher utilization and acceptance of medical equipment in a specialty that tends to be conservative.
Client Case Studies
Executive Marketing Experience
- President, AuntMinnie.com
- VP & CMO, Kodak Health Imaging
- VP & CMO, Smith & Nephew Orthopedics
- General Manager, Covance Cardiac Safety Services
- Director of Product Management, Honeywell Automotive
- Senior Marketing Manager, Cummins Power Generation
- Marketing Manager, Toyota
- Practical Academics (Education)
- Nissin International Transport U.S.A, Inc. (Package/Freight Delivery)
- Netwoven Inc. (Computer Software)
- Hubbard-Hall Inc. (Chemicals)
- Nycote Laboratories Corporation (Airlines/Aviation)
- Aspira Labs/Vermillion (Biotechnology; Healthcare; Medical Testing)
- StrategyBeach (Computer Software)
- iTexico LLC (Computer Software)
- B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
- MBA from Yale University
- International Expansion
- Organization Design and Optimization
- Pricing Strategy
- Go-to-Market Strategy
- Positioning & Messaging