Bill is a Chief Outsiders Partner, CMO and results-driven marketing and sales executive based in San Francisco. With a track record of reinvigorating brands and delivering growth to companies large and small, Bill is an expert at developing growth strategies based on customer, competitive and company insights. Passionate about finding new ways to spur growth, he authors business plans, pivot strategies, brand positioning and communication platforms to energize sales and boost profits.
How Bill has Helped Businesses Grow
- Grew business from a weak 3rd in the market to a strong 2nd and moved to profitability, developing a product pivot strategy for a struggling beverage business. The strategy led to a new consumer target, new branding, and new messaging.
- Achieved major brand, share and category growth identifying and championing a new product initiative for an apparel brand. Oversaw consumer research and testing, developed branding and packaging, and created retail marketing materials.
- Created brand positioning, brand identity, and brand communication platforms for two companies who then executed successful IPOs.
- Successfully positioned a solar company as a thought and industry leader, developing PR strategies.
- Reenergized the sales force leading to 9% better performance than the rest of the chain over a 9-month period, creating a regional retail marketing program.
- Created a viral video that garnered 13 million views, developing many successful social media campaigns.
Executive Marketing Experience
- VP Brand – Credit Karma
- VP Marketing – Levi-Strauss and Co
- Chief Marketing Officer – Kmart
- VP Marketing – Sunrun
- Chief Marketing Officer – FourTwoNine
- Chief Marketing and Sales Officer – AskRed
- Chief Marketing Officer – Ashford
- Director of Strategic Innovation and Global Group Manager New Youth Brands – Coca-Cola Company
- Wiley X, Inc. (Manufacturing)
- Build.com (Retail)
- AllCells, LLC (Biotechnology)
- Vintage View (Packaging and Containers)
- seventurns.com (Financial Services)
- Lantern Credit, LLC (Computer Software)
- Natural Intelligence (Computer Software)
- American Home Shield (Consumer Services)
- Alta Resources (Consumer Services)
- Renew Financial (Financial Services)
- B.B.A., University of Texas at Austin
- MBA, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
- Market Penetration & Growth
- Go-to-Market Strategy