A senior executive with 30+ years of hands-on marketing experience, John helps small to mid-sized company CEOs develop growth strategies founded on deep data and customer insights. Inspiring teams to be and do their best, he drives major growth initiatives in new markets, new products, customer segments and channels. Taking on the toughest growth challenges, John ensures that you have a data-based plan that achieves results. A recognized expert in business planning for profitable growth, innovation, customer acquisition and customer experience, he aligns marketing and sales plans for growth.
How John has Helped Businesses Grow
- Added 65,000 new members representing $9 billion in revenue expanding Centene’s Medicare Advantage business to 25 states, supported by a new, national brand.
- Grew top line membership Medicare growth 20% annually, while reducing attrition from 15% to 12% improving the consumer experience with focus on digital transformation.
- Achieved 40% share of market vs. 23% control and 400% ROI with a multi-line brand campaign at Health Net.
- Increased sales 5X from $61 million to $360 million, strategically positioning Barnes & Noble.com from start-up to public corporation, reaching #1 clicks and mortar site and #4 e-commerce site.
- Increased PC banking customer base by 340% to 15% of all retail bank customers at Citibank.
- Drove 16 % sales growth and over $100 million in operating profit defending Pepsi-Cola International’s largest, most profitable division against market entry by Coca-Cola.
- VP of Marketing & Consumer Experience, Medicare, Centene Corporation
- VP of Marketing, Health Net
- VP Marketing, Express Scripts
- CMO (interim), Earthlink Wireless
- CMO (interim), Blockbuster Online
- EVP, CMO, Eos Airlines
- SVP, Director of Corporate Marketing, FleetBoston Financial
- VP Marketing, Barnes & Noble.com
- President and CMO, ShopLink
- VP, Director of E-commerce and Marketing, Citibank
- Director of Marketing, Pepsi-Cola
- MBA, Marketing, Columbia Business School
- BA, History, Williams College
- Growth Strategy
- Brand Strategy/Refresh
- Demand Generation