As a C-Level marketing, sales and eCommerce executive and consultant, with two successful exits, Mike impacts the entire business. He builds growth engines and competitive advantage via valuable customer/market insights, distinctive new products/offerings, ownable positioning, persuasive messaging, omnichannel go-to-market plans, and disciplined financial metrics. Mike has raised funds for startups, and built profitable businesses ranging from $0 to $650M in revenue.
How Mike has Helped Businesses Grow
- Launched and scaled sales from $0 to $140 million in three years at Drugstore.com and Beauty.com, taking the company public.
- Generated sales of $50 million with 19% EBITDA and a successful exit of a PE-sponsored professional B2B and B2C professional beauty and skincare business. Managed the Amazon business, achieved a 40-60% conversion rate, 45% repeat rate, and 69% gross profit.
- Increased sales of national consumer brand to $225 million (+$91 million, +68%) and EBITDA to $38 million (from 1% to 17%) reviving the stagnant brand. Reduced product supply costs 50%, adding $75 million to brand profit.
- Launched and commercialized the first aerosol sunscreen, generating $300 million in sales in 3 years.
- Drove turnaround of a $650 million division at Johnson & Johnson Consumer to generate the first annual profit in 5 years. Launched the Monistat Rx-to-OTC switch.
- Raised $6 million, secured FDA approval, and drove sales from $0 to $2 million to prove product viability for medical device to treat Hypertension.
- VP, Marketing, Sunless, Inc.
- Principal-Consultant, JohnsRoad Brand Development
- VP, Marketing, Schering Plough Consumer
- VP, Marketing & Business Development, Resperate Hypertension Therapy
- VP, Merchandising, Drugstore.com & Beauty.com
- VP, Sales, Johnson & Johnson Consumer
- B.S., Business & English, Spring Hill College
- Brand Strategy/Refresh
- Product Innovation
- Positioning & Messaging