With a substantial background in AI, SaaS, e-commerce tech, marketing tech, and ad tech, Mark drives topline growth, scale, and product differentiation through integrated marketing programs, analytics, and holistic go-to-market strategies. A strategist with an entrepreneurial mindset, he transforms brands and businesses and is known for unlocking breakthroughs to growth. He has a particular specialty in making complex offerings compelling, launching new products and brands, strategically positioning products, creating awareness, influencing customer decision-making, improving ROI and customer experience, driving technology adoption, and facilitating sales enablement.
How Mark has Helped Businesses Grow
- He created account-based marketing (ABM) programs that delivered leads, opportunities and closed/won business across multiple lines of business, meeting annual new revenue goals in less than six months for eBay’s enterprise organization.
- Engineered the pivot of a faltering line of business by re-deploying skills they already had to completely change its business model after the 2008 market meltdown. After the shift, the unit returned to profitability in six months and grew monthly recurring revenues (MRR) 3x within 18 months at Rakuten Marketing.
- For an AI startup, doubled new pipeline value in five months’ time and average opportunity size up 2.4x; company later was acquired as a result of this robust growth.
- Planned and developed worldwide communications program for IPO in 2 weeks at The Trade Desk; program was recognized as the most successful ad tech IPO of the year.
- For a globally-recognized e-commerce marketplace, headed cross-functional teams and utilized media mix modeling to efficiently drive brand awareness, consumer acquisition and retention campaigns as well as defining tools, metrics, testing, and KPIs in 14 countries across Americas, Western Europe, and Asia.
- Chief Marketing Officer, ESW
- Chief Marketing Officer, Albert.ai
- Chief Marketing Officer, The Trade Desk
- VP, Chief Marketing Officer, eBay Enterprise
- Executive Officer, Vice CMO, Global Marketing, Rakuten Inc.
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, Brown University
- Marketing Technology (Martech)
- Advertising Technology (Adtech)
- Market Penetration & Growth
- Brand Strategy/Refresh
- Go-to-Market Strategy
- Demand Generation
- Digital Marketing