A dynamic results-oriented, data-driven professional, Douglas drives nationwide growth through the creation and delivery of unique, creative brand strategies enhancing customer affinity and market position. With 25+ years of executive marketing experience, he strengthens brand equity with resonating positioning strategies via successful marketing programs and innovative marketing campaigns that boost revenues. An innovative leader with strong team building and collaboration skills, his strategic initiatives generate substantial shareholder and franchisee value, and open new revenue opportunities.
How Doug has Helped Businesses Grow
- Achieved a 4X increase in locations, generating $684M in revenues and 19.4% average annual sales growth at Firehouse Restaurant Group.
- Delivered sustained increase in comparable restaurant sales and drove system demand for an additional 500+ locations by influencing 86% of restaurants to double DMA contributions that funded marketing initiatives.
- Achieved a 10.7% lift in the average check and a 69% increase in member visits and curated highly actionable marketing data with a new loyalty platform.
- Opened a new $9.2M revenue channel by securing nationwide distribution for gift cards at 7K+ retail locations.
- Generated a 10.8% lift and 3.78X ROI to budget hiring a new agency and producing a regional multiplatform promotion at Pita Pit.
- Increased Instagram base by 22.9% YoY, with a 232% increase in post engagements across all social media.
- Generated a +8.6% sales trend improvement and +9.4% guest count trend change in the Phoenix test market partnering with the culinary team, operations, purchasing and financial analysts at Fazoli’s.
Executive Marketing Experience
- Vice President of Marketing, Pita Pit, USA
- Vice President, Marketing, Firehouse Restaurant Group, Inc.
- Director of Field Marketing, Fazoli’s System Management, LLC
- Vice President of Client Services, Brann Forbes (Pizza Hut account)
- Director of Marketing (Area), Hardee’s Food Systems Inc.
- Steering Committee Member, National Restaurant Association’s Marketing Executive Group (MEG)
B.S. Marketing, University of Nebraska - Lincoln
- Market/Consumer Insight
- Brand Strategy/Refresh
- Positioning & Messaging