A senior technology executive with 30+ years in innovative marketing, product management, sales, and strategic operations, Bill applies his passion for technology to helping technology CEOs achieve profitable, sustainable growth. With a consistent track record of go-to-market success, he works with companies from early stage startups to multi-billion-dollar businesses. Skilled at helping companies find their growth engines through a strategic planning process, Bill follows through with go-to-market plans that bring the strategy to life. As a former enterprise sales executive and VP of sales, Bill approaches marketing with a sales lens and helps companies achieve results through marketing-sales alignment.
How Bill has Helped Businesses Grow
- Grew sales pipeline by 48% and achieved 40% booking growth over prior year restructuring the marketing team to focus on global markets at LLamasoft. Led company rebranding with new mission, positioning, messaging, and brand identity.
- Achieved 35% revenue and 20% EBITDA growth for 7 years spending only 12% of revenue on sales and marketing at XIFIN.
- Drove a best in class customer acquisition cost of $29 implementing Salesforce.com and Marketo for customer support, sales and marketing automation to scale operations.
- Led turnaround with new products in growth markets, achieving profitability by implementing disciplined portfolio management at Accelrys. Landed a record number of multi-year multi-million-dollar deals transitioning to a solutions company.
- Drove 20% license growth, 150% increase in average deal size and increased penetration in priority segments developing a 3-year strategy and annual plans at IBM.
- Grew market share to 35% in highly competitive global market segment at Rational Software. Launched a new product and grew revenue to $12m in first year with 35% market awareness.
Executive Marketing Experience
- President, A2CMO LLC
- SVP and Chief Marketing Officer, LLamasoft Inc.
- Chief Marketing Officer, VP Sales, XIFIN Inc.
- Vice President, Global Marketing and Corporate Development, Accelrys Inc.
- Director, Strategy and Planning, IBM, Inc.
- Director, Developer Product Marketing, Rational Software
- Director, Product Marketing, ObjecTime Limited
- Director, Marketing & Sales, Network Enhancement Products Division, Mitel Corporation
- Electronic Engineering, Algonquin College of Applied Arts and Technology
- Growth Strategy
- Go-to-Market Strategy
- Positioning & Messaging