Rich helps companies craft successful marketing strategies and initiatives to grow revenue and profitability. Throughout his career Rich has transformed multiple marketing organizations from sales support and creative functions to true drivers of revenue growth. Rich loves getting “aha” moments from clients by showing how marketing can be far more strategic and can play a much broader role in driving growth across the company than ever before. His 20+ years of global marketing leadership experience within small as well as large / complex organizations in many different types of industries supports his ability to determine, without any bias, the optimal combination of marketing initiatives needed for each unique business he works with. He draws from his broad experiences to resolve difficult strategy, talent, technology, process and marketing effectiveness challenges to make a meaningful impact on revenue growth. He has helped businesses navigate “digital disruption”, improve customer experience, and leverage technology to drive marketing and sales effectiveness and synergies. Across a variety of industries, Rich drives accountability and performance in product / service launch planning and implementation, e-business / e-commerce, digital marketing, digital content strategy, and is well versed in the emerging field of account-based marketing / selling. He is also an established expert on how to use marketing strategy principles to develop your “employer brand” as a competitive advantage to attract and retain the best talent and become an employer-of-choice in your industry and community.
How Rich has Helped Businesses Grow
- Led global relaunch of fishersci.com, the e-commerce website for Thermo Fisher Scientific’s lab and safety products distribution business, resulting in growth that outpaced the overall business. Implemented Account Based Marketing program within inside sales team leading to 10% growth. Evolved global marketing team to enhance digital capabilities.
- Doubled same store sales rate within one year while reducing marketing spend via improved marketing effectiveness, more persuasive and relevant promotional themes, and refresh/relaunch of the GNC brand. Reversed 5 year decline in Gold Card program membership leading to growth in program revenue. Optimized marketing department structure, processes and ad agency to reduce marketing operating costs by 10%.
- Drove over 900,000 prospective student leads annually for $800 million+ brand of 34 art colleges at EDMC. Increased leads 12% while decreasing cost per lead 3%. 80-100% over delivery vs forecast of leads for new school locations.
- In addition to his large company experience, Rich spent 9 years successfully helping grow brand awareness, revenue and profitability at over 40 B2B and B2C small and mid-sized companies.
Executive Marketing Experience
- EVP, CMO, Head of Employee Engagement, ServiceLink
- VP of Global Marketing and Customer Experience, ThermoFisher Scientific
- SVP of Marketing, GNC
- VP of Marketing, EDMC
- VP of Strategic Services, Brunner Advertising
- MBA, Marketing, General Management, Entrepreneurship, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business
- BS, Chemistry, George Mason University
- Demand Generation
- Digital Transformation