Catherine is a Chief Outsiders CMO based in Atlanta. She helps both small and Fortune 50 B2B and B2C businesses increase profitable growth by understanding and leveraging consumer and customer insight to create a sustainable competitive advantage. First, conducting a comprehensive analysis of the category, company, competition and potential customers to identify growth opportunities, Catherine develops integrated go-to-market strategies and tactics to increase revenues and market share.
How Cathy has Helped Businesses Grow
- Developed a strategic branding approach and process for large apparel organization. Process was implemented across the businesses.
- Increased awareness to double the 10% target and conversion to membership over the 25% goal by conducting a major repositioning for Be The Match (National Marrow Donor Program).
- Increased share and halted escalation in discounts with a new value proposition at Coke. Repositioned soft drink fountain business to reflect customer needs and a new competitive environment.
- Created the “Coca-Cola Connection” concept identified for global application. Redefined the B2B soft drink customer product and service offering and implemented on-line site for sales organization.
- Increased profit by 13% with a soft drinks price and portfolio strategy to improve performance in Brazil’s unique customer and competitive environment despite continued declines in Brazil’s economy.
- Grew revenues 15% and profits 35% by restaging three mature brands in declining categories. “Breakout” strategy was later extended to entire division.
- Directed Pillsbury megabrand positioning encompassing $1 billion of business. Strategy provided guidelines for consumer communications and long-term brand development.
Executive Marketing Experience
- Executive Vice President, Wells Fargo
- Vice President, Coca-Cola
- Vice President, The Pillsbury Company
- Bumpus Harley-Davidson (Automotive)
- Packaging Service Co., Inc. (Chemicals)
- Unimex (Wholesale)
- Norwest Equity Partners (Venture Capital & Private Equity)
- Bowtech Archery (Sporting Goods)
- GoodWest Industries (Machinery)
- University of Minnesota (Carlson School of Management, recipient of the Pillsbury Fellowship in Marketing for outstanding student)
- Sorbonne (Diplome d’Etudes Linguistiques Francaises)
- University of Kansas (BA with honors)
- Growth Strategy
- Market/Consumer Insight
- Go-to-Market Strategy
- Positioning & Messaging