A revenue growth marketer, Doug partners with owners and executives to drive profitable growth through innovative go-to-market strategies, differentiated positioning and proven marketing programs executed with precision. A data-driven marketing executive, he utilizes his expertise to convert market and customer insights into actionable growth strategies and build high-performing teams that deliver results. Doug brings deep functional expertise in digital demand generation, product launch acceleration, strategic positioning, and storytelling that helps companies break through the noise.
How Doug has Helped Businesses Grow
- Increased marketing contribution to the sales pipeline 98% annually while reducing marketing expenses 15% by digitally transforming the demand system of a $700M manufacturer.
- Doubled revenue and increased operating margins 50% over 6 years, reigniting growth in HP’s legendary printer business, by redirecting marketing strategy to penetrate emerging opportunities in digital imaging, publishing and enterprise managed services.
- Revitalized the reputation of a declining 3D printing company and repositioned it for growth through targeted vertical go-to-market strategies to leverage emerging opportunities in healthcare, automotive, aerospace, and durable goods.
- Redefined product marketing launch model for various companies to expedite time-to-revenue and increase revenue contribution of new introductions.
- Built national marketing playbook and refined storytelling of social non-profit to grow funding to increase the number of youths served five-fold over five years.
Executive Marketing Experience
- SVP and Chief Marketing & Communications Officer, 3D Systems
- Co-Founder and Principal, Small Batch Marketing (strategic marketing and communications consultancy)
- VP of Marketing & Communications, Hewlett Packard
- Fractional CMO, Friends of the Children
- B.S. Technical Journalism, Oregon State University
- Advanced Manufacturing
- 3D Printing
- Digital Transformation
- Market Penetration & Growth
- Demand Generation
- Sales & Marketing Alignment
- Brand Strategy/Refresh
- Positioning & Messaging
- Omni-Channel Marketing