John is a Chief Outsiders CMO based in Atlanta. He works with billion-dollar brands, startup companies, and turnaround businesses to drive business growth through marketing in B2C and B2B channels via strategic brand management, innovation, sales and retail management. John focuses on building sales and marketing teams faster and more profitably than industry standards. Applying competitive and category benchmarking, analysis, and insights to develop market opportunities, he creates marketing strategies to launch new products and maximize growth opportunities in target markets with maximum ROI.
How John has Helped Businesses Grow
- Grew a niche retail specialty chemical business from $80M to over $150M by expanding distribution from less than 2,000 stores to over 14,000 in just 4 years.
- Accelerated profits for Zep by more than 50% in one year through product portfolio management and margin accretive innovation.
- Delivered a 30% increase in awareness in less than 6 months by spearheading digital, social, and word of mouth marketing investments to drive trial and awareness.
- Led enterprise-wide branding initiative across four divisions of a $700M company to align product marketing and demand generation strategies across a complex business that serves B2C and B2B customers.
Executive Marketing Experience
- Senior Vice President & General Manager, Zep Inc.
- Vice President of Marketing & Sales, Zep Inc.
- Vice President of Marketing, Zep Inc.
- Director of Marketing, Zep Inc.
- Head of North American Marketing, Merisant Worldwide
- Industrial Indicators (Machinery)
- MBA, Marketing & Strategy, Emory University
- BA, Psychology, Vanderbilt University