An experienced, goal-driven, and multifaceted strategic business executive, Michael drives success through effective leadership teams, strategic planning, product development, marketing, and operations. A flexible team player with an entrepreneurial mindset and expertise in business development within the US, Europe, and Japan, he cultivates profitable relationships and creates opportunities. With strong business acumen and analytical and critical thinking skills, Michael understands how business model decisions impact operating model design and execution across operations, technology, risk governance, and organizational design.
How Michael has Helped Businesses Grow
- Identified market opportunities and developed business cases for strategies and product opportunities at Aerie Pharmaceuticals, providing overall thought leadership while writing and presenting the strategic plan.
- Developed EU5 integrated operating plan by conducting and rolling up region-specific country level planning.
- Drove sales growth at Aerie Pharmaceuticals through creative brand campaigns, messaging, sales tools, telemedicine launch, marketing analytics/forecasting, trade show management, and product education.
- Facilitated successful sale of ISTA Pharmaceuticals by writing and presenting a strategic plan to investment bankers and potential bidders.
- Has helped build marketing and sales organizations from 5 to 165 personnel
- Achieved and exceeded sales targets and successfully promoted 3 out of 4 products as number 1 in their markets.
- Grew business from $33 million to $111 million with 3-year CAGR of 51% directing ISTA Pharmaceuticals marketing department with 5 direct reports.
- Gained 40% $ market share in one year by launching Vitrase with a 65% premium price to competition in the ophthalmic surgery marketplace.
- Vice President Global Strategy, Aerie Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Vice President Marketing, Aerie Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Independent Business Consultant, Ophthalmology
- Director Strategic Marketing, ISTA Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Director of Marketing, ISTA Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- MBA, Pepperdine Graziadio Business School
- B.S., Business Administration and Management, California State University, Fullerton
- Competitive Strategy
- Brand Strategy/Refresh
- Pricing Strategy
- Positioning & Messaging