Ann is a marketing executive with broad-based experience over the pharmaceutical, medical device, over-the-counter, and consumer segments of healthcare with an early business foundation in advertising and sales. She uncovers key insights that unlock business potential, translates these in a highly disciplined way to winning strategies and tactics, which work to transform brands, product lines, and divisions into star performers. Her collaborative skills with operations, sales, and finance consistently optimize launches. In addition to launching new products and kickstarting product performance, Ann also enjoys building and leading high-caliber marketing teams to deliver consistent growth.
How Ann has Helped Businesses Grow
- Drove 11% sales and 93% awareness growth for Paragard hormone-free IUD by leveraging consumer "natural" wave coupled with DTC campaign and healthcare professional training. Developed, tested, and launched new brand identity, logo, and trademarked tagline.
- Grew Afaxys to #1 (40% market share) in oral contraceptive clinic institutional market ahead of large competitors. Increased women’s health product unit sales by 78%.
- Built and launched BD Rx, Inc., the first pharmaceutical division of Becton, Dickinson & Company, from the ground up, leading 30 team leaders from diverse functions to design all operations, processes, systems, and infrastructure to successfully launch BD Simplist line of prefilled injectables
- Drove 10% growth for EpiPen through company’s first national, integrated brand plan and DTC campaign in 24 years. Caused major branded competitors to exit market.
- Achieved 27% growth for Lotrel (20% of Novartis’ US business) by convincing professionals to use product earlier in treatment paradigm.
- Launched and built Zyban into the second largest brand at Glaxo Wellcome by championing insight and early clinical results that Wellbutrin antidepressant helped smokers quit. Renamed compound, built a “biology of nicotine addiction” category, and executed a dual professional and DTC strategy.
Executive Marketing Experience
- Global Vice President of Marketing, Safeguard Medical
- Vice President Of Marketing, Global Medical Devices, CooperSurgical, Inc.
- Corporate Head of Marketing, Afaxys, Inc.
- Marketing Director, BD Rx, Inc. (Becton Dickinson)
- Group Marketing Director, EpiPen and Emsam, Dey, A Mylan Company
- Executive Director, Respiratory Franchise, Xopenex and Brovana, Sunovian
- Executive Product Director: Diovan, Lotrel, Elidel, Starlix, Lotensin, Novartis Corporation
- Consumer Product Management: Transderm Scop, Gas-X, Denavir, Halls, Novartis and Pfizer
- MBA, General Management with Concentration in Marketing, UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School
- BA, Psychobiology, Wellesley College
- Medical Devices
- Consumer Goods & Over the Counter Products
- Growth Strategy
- Market/Consumer Insight
- Brand Strategy/Refresh
- Demand Generation
- Market Penetration & Growth
- Go to Market Strategy
- Digital Marketing
- DTC Campaigns
- Positioning & Messaging