Dave has served as CEO and CMO for a number of Fortune 500 and middle market direct marketing organizations. He has a track record of making significant improvements in top and bottom-line performance, with particular focus on demand generation and customer pipeline expansion leveraging ecommerce, digital and catalog channels. Dave’s experience ranges across a diverse set of verticals. He has served in C level roles (CEO, COO and SVP) in multiple private equity owned portfolio businesses. Dave has international experience in Asia and Europe.
How Dave has Helped Businesses Grow
- Drove annual sales from $250 million to $2+ billion over 24 months via ecommerce and call center channels at Dell Computer. Achieved unit growth 3X the industry average, resulting in significant market share gains.
- Increased Direct sales from $350 million to $1.5 billion over a 28-month period at Circuit City. Oversaw the rapid expansion of Fire Dog, the highly profitable services business to compete with Best Buy’s Geek Squad.
- Drove annual sales growth 3X the industry average and EBITDA 3X with product margin enhancement and cost reduction initiatives at Thompson Cigar Company.
- Spearheaded efforts to transform 1,300 store retailer into an omni-channel organization at Petco Animal Supplies.
- Increased EBITDA from $39 million to $89 million at Orchard Brands.
- Reorganized the business to improve accountability and create centers of excellence, adding new doctors (brands) after 10 years of stagnation. Diversified off-line marketing channels and eliminated 33% of SKUs at Healthy Directions.
Executive Marketing Experience
- Managing Director, Thompson Cigar
- SVP – Chief Marketing Officer, Harry & David
- SVP, E-Commerce, Petco (PE Owned)
- CEO, Healthy Directions (PE owned)
- President & COO, Orchard Brands (PE owned)
- EVP/Chief Marketing & Merchandising Officer, Circuit City
- SVP/President, Circuit City Direct
- Marketing Director, Dell Europe, SMB Division
- Marketing Director, Dell U.S., Consumer Division
- Director/GM, LL Bean, Ecommerce
B.A. Economics, University of Maine
- Omni-Channel Marketing
- Direct Marketing
- Digital Marketing
- Catalog Marketing
- Demand Generation
- Customer Pipeline Expansion