A seasoned software marketing executive, David excels at building go-to-market strategy, brand reinvigoration, and demand generation best practices. He has deep expertise in a variety of technology areas including databases, analytics, AI/ML, cybersecurity, IT infrastructure management, mobile, and marketing technology. As an award-winning innovator in the use of social media and viral marketing for business, his campaigns have been covered by the NY Times, AdWeek, and across social media. David has helped generate funding for organizations and high returns for investors through acquisition and IPOs.
How David has Helped Businesses Grow
- Delivered 95% of company revenue from marketing programs for 6 straight quarters at Valimail. Achieved 33% conversion of MQLs to SQLs and formulated freemium solution which became the fastest growing DMARC solution in the market.
- Lead the marketing turn-around efforts and all aspects of re-branding for Apteligent (formerly Crittercism) resulting in sale to VMWare.
- Realized 400% YoY revenue growth at Act-On Software, achieving top 5 Marketing automation platform status.
- Grew annual bookings from $5 million to $100 million at BigFix with ultimate sale to IBM at >$400 million. Won several awards, NY Times coverage, and co-marketing opportunities with Universal Pictures.
- Generated first $3 million annual bookings at Antenna Software, setting the stage for further investment over the next 5 years.
- Turned Windows NT from an outcast into one of Oracle’s most profitable platforms.
Executive Marketing Experience
- Fractional SVP, Marketing, Blue Lava
- CMO, Valimail
- CMO, CloudPassage
- SVP, Marketing, Apteligent
- VP of Marketing, Moka 5
- VP of Marketing, Sentilla
- Interim CMO, Act-On Software
- VP of Marketing, BigFix
- VP of Marketing, Antenna Software
- VP, Windows NT Products, Oracle Corporation
- BA, History & Russian, Vassar College
- Demand Generation
- Go-to-Market Strategy
- Positioning & Messaging