Doug is a hands-on, creative commercial executive who delivers results through sound business acumen and broad commercial sales, marketing and talent management foundations. Adept at go-to-market strategy, segmentation, product line management, sales force effectiveness and M&A/integration, he works closely with CEO’s and private equity firms to deliver strategic leadership and growth for closely held businesses and PE sponsored portfolio companies.
How Douglas has Helped Businesses Grow
- Increased revenue 65% leading commercial integration and growth strategy through six acquisitions for DuBois Chemicals, Industrial.
- To revitalize DuBois Chemical organic growth capabilities Doug implemented new sales management process and cadence, talent upgrades, role restructuring, sales/pipeline management enhancements, key account discipline and a new incentive compensation model positioning the business for sustainable growth beyond market.
- Delivered top and bottom line growth by restructuring the Degussa Building Systems organization and launch a segment focused go-to-market strategy which, when combined with operational improvements, led to 23% organic revenue growth and 455% improvement in EBIT.
- Implemented supply chain improvements rationalizing distribution locations and reducing inventory by 15%, freight cost by $1.5MM annually and improved customer satisfaction and consistency of supply for the customer.
- Partnered with several PE firms on pre-LOI assessment and value creation strategy development for targeted platform acquisitions. Assisted in the successful purchase of a large middle market specialty chemical asset.
Executive Marketing Experience
- President, DuBois Industrial, DuBois Chemicals, Inc.
- President, Roofing & Building Maintenance, Tremco, Inc.
- Vice President, Global Segment Management, BASF Corporation
- President & CEO, Degussa Building Systems (Later BASF)
- Vice President, Sales & Business Development, Degussa Building Systems
- Business Director Thoro, Harris Specialty Chemicals
- MBA, Xavier University
- BS, Business Administration and Management, Bowling Green University
- Sales Growth
- Competitive Strategy
- Go-to-Market Strategy