Doug is a hands-on, creative commercial executive who delivers results through sound business acumen and broad commercial sales, marketing and talent management foundations. Adept at go-to-market strategy, segmentation, product line management, sales force effectiveness and M&A/integration, he works closely with CEO’s and private equity firms to deliver strategic leadership and growth for closely held businesses and PE sponsored portfolio companies.
How Doug has Helped Businesses Grow
- Advisor to private equity executing on a specialty chemical manufacturing carve out and stand up of a newly formed company in a five month time frame. Priorities include company / product naming and brand building, customer retention and transition, and digital marketing & communication strategy implementation.
- Strategic upgrade to growth plan for ventilation & exhaust systems manufacturer by defining clear strategic positioning, proof points for customer value propositions, a roadmap to drive lead generation and a proactive partnership and growth model for the company's distribution network. Provided ongoing coaching and support for implementation.
- Doubled revenue leading commercial integration and growth strategy through six acquisitions for DuBois Chemicals, Industrial. To revitalize DuBois Chemical organic growth capabilities Doug implemented new sales management process and cadence, talent upgrades, role restructuring, sales/pipeline management enhancements, key account discipline and a new incentive compensation model positioning the business for sustainable growth beyond market.
- Delivered top and bottom line growth by restructuring the BASF/Degussa Building Systems organization and launch a segment focused go-to-market strategy which, when combined with operational improvements, led to 23% organic revenue growth and 455% improvement in EBIT.
- Partnered with several PE firms on pre-LOI assessment and value creation strategy development for targeted platform acquisitions including the successful purchase of a large middle market specialty chemical asset.
Executive Marketing Experience
- President, DuBois Industrial, DuBois Chemicals, Inc.
- President, Roofing & Building Maintenance, Tremco, Inc.
- VP, Global Segment Management, BASF Corporation
- President & CEO, Degussa Building Systems (Later BASF)
- VP, Sales & Business Development, Degussa Building Systems
- Business Director Thoro, Harris Specialty Chemicals
- MBA, Xavier University
- BS, Business Administration and Management, Bowling Green University
- Sales Growth
- Competitive Strategy
- Go-to-Market Strategy