Mark is a Chief Outsiders CMO and consumer marketing expert. He helps CEO’s of mid-sized companies utilize the power of consumer insights to establish meaningful connections that drive growth, leveraging them in unique and compelling ways to create a competitive advantage. Passionate about working in partnership with management teams, Mark deploys his diverse skills to help emerging brands identify key growth drivers and create fully integrated, cost-effective marketing programs. He also has a lot of experience rebuilding brands that have lost their relevance over time. With a focus on identifying a unique point of view, he has been able to help build a powerful approach to drive brand and product differentiation.
How Mark has Helped Businesses Grow
- Value Creation: Tripled Wellpet revenues, generating 10x return for PE investors with company sale, through new product launches, channel expansion and implementation of integrated marketing plan focused on driving consumer demand.
- New Product Launches/ Innovation: Launched over 300 products generating over $100MM in sales at Timex. Streamlined product development process, improving time-to-market by three months.
- Creative Marketing Solutions: At Converse, managed the development of a fully integrated marketing campaign that won a “Gold Effie” industry award for its effectiveness. This supported the largest new product introduction in the company’s history, generating over $50MM in year one sales.
- Channel Development: Grew sales by over 60% by extending Wellpet product placement into regional and national pet specialty chains while maintaining sales volume among existing independent retailers.
- International Sales Expansion: As General Manager of Latin America at Converse, signed three new licensees resulting in a 20% increase in licensing income. Developed targeted regional products generating over $20MM in incremental sales.
- Strategic Planning: Strategic planning lead at Reebok. Responsible for driving strategic planning initiatives across the various business units. Developed streamlined portfolio approach to managing the company’s casual footwear brands.
- VP Marketing, WellPet Natural Pet food and Treats
- SVP Marketing, Timex - Watches
- Chief Marketing Officer, Biotech Corp - Vitamin Supplements
- General Manager of Global Licensing/General Manager Americas, Converse - Footwear and Apparel
- VP International Marketing, Converse
- Brand Management, Strategic Planning and Business Development, Reebok - Footwear, Apparel and Accessories
- Brand Management, Clairol and Faberge - Hair care, Hair coloring and Skin care
- Bachelor of Arts, Economics and Government, Connecticut College (New London, CT)
- MBA, New York University Stern School of Business (New York, NY)
- Consumer Goods
- Sales Growth
- Market/Consumer Insight
- Product Innovation