A growth-oriented executive, Michael drives marketing and sales programs for innovative technology businesses of all sizes across diverse categories. A hands-on leader of marketing, product and selling teams of 2 to 150 people, he directs the transition from license to subscription models and re-vamps go-to-market programs globally. With a background in both operational leadership and management consulting, he aligns a compelling vision while attaining financial, brand and growth objectives, and delivers skilled leadership to venture and private-equity backed software businesses.
How Michael has Helped Businesses Grow
- Supported ARR growth of 35% developing a global strategy and go to market approach for a leading content management software business transitioning from a license to SaaS model.
- Exceeded quarterly revenue projections by 30% re-positioning multiple products into a new category for a top six global software business as a contracted advisor.
- Within a fortune 500 organization, collaborated with entrepreneur to spin out a global, wireless shipment tracking solution, delivering a go to market approach that expanded global market reach and grew sales from $10M to $100M.
- Repositioned/relaunched a big-data mobile analytics service installed on over 200 million handsets and supported the successful sale of the business to AT&T and AC Nielsen within a two-year period.
- Launched two separate venture-stage engineering software businesses through direct sales and reseller channel partners, resulting in successful corporate acquisitions over a four-year period.
- As CEO, recapitalized and relaunched a struggling B2B enterprise software product line by simplifying products, deploying an eCommerce storefront, and launching multiple prosumer-focused products, resulting in a 10x increase in sales over a 4 year period.
Executive Marketing Experience
- VP Strategy & Corporate Development, M-Files Corporation
- VP Marketing and Products, Carrier iQ
- CMO, Edge Communications
- CEO, Bamboo Solutions Corporation
- Board of Directors, Savi Technology Inc
- Interim Marketing Lead, Savi Networks
- Co-founder and Managing Director, The Chasm Group, LLC
- Director/VP Marketing, two engineering software startups
- MBA, Rivier College
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering - The Ohio State University
- Wireless & Telecommunications
- Sales Growth
- Go-to-Market Strategy
- Positioning & Messaging
- Growth Strategy
- Channel Strategy