Rich is a Chief Outsiders CMO and award-winning marketing executive based in Philadelphia. Passionate about helping CEOs differentiate their businesses in the most competitive market segments, Rich has a track record of delivering results in high-pressure situations including: hyper-growth private-equity funded start-ups, newly acquired companies, post-bankruptcy turnarounds, and companies facing a financial, regulatory, or public relations crisis. He develops profitable business plans; aligns and fosters transparency between CEOs, CFOs and marketing; designs customer experiences to increase acquisition, activation and retention; and builds remarkable brands.
How Rich has Helped Businesses Grow
- Grew revenue of a start-up behavioral health company by over $50 million in one year, building the marketing team and leading marketing strategy, brand positioning, marketing & sales integration, public relations, and marketing technology as CMO of Recovery Centers of America.
- Drove loan production from $0 to $25 billion annualized in less than 2 years, building the marketing team, campaigns, and technology from the ground up as CMO of Ditech.
- Achieved #3 rank from JD Power amongst mortgage originators for customer satisfaction in Ditech’s debut on the list.
- Achieved a #2 ranking in brand awareness amongst independent mortgage companies within three years of re-launching the Ditech Mortgage brand.
- Achieved 150% growth in retail deposits within 1-year through a digital transformation and online banking launch as CMO of AIG Bank.
- Led the transition of AIG Bank’s business during the financial crisis, maintaining solvency, and returning to profitability within 18 months.
- Increased sales conversion by 20%+ introducing AIG Security Advantage—a new enhancement to auto insurance.
- Developed digital strategy for AIG Auto Insurance, growing channel to 30% of new policy production within 3 years.
- Exceeded P&L responsibility of $230 million and $12 billion annual loan growth, bringing in 20% of credit card division’s net income at Bank One.
- Generated 7 million+ accounts and $12.5 billion in loans in less than 2 years heading the research, development, and launch of the first platinum bankcard in the US—MBNA Platinum Plus MasterCard and Visa.
Awards and Honors
- 2018 Benjamin Franklin Award, Social Media—Philadelphia Direct Marketing Association, June 2018
- 2016 Gramercy Strategy Award, Consumer Lending, Ditech Retention—The Gramercy Institute, May 2016
- 2015 Marketing Innovation Award, The CMO Club, November 2015
- 2015 Marketer of The Year, Target Marketing Magazine, October 2015
- 2015 Gramercy Strategy Award, Consumer Lending, Ditech Re-Launch—The Gramercy Institute, June 2015
- 2015 Benjamin Franklin Award, Interactive E-mail—Philadelphia Direct Marketing Association, June 2015
- Twenty Rising Stars in Financial Marketing 2012, The Gramercy Institute, October 2012
- Top 500 Marketing Executive, Exec Rank, September 2012
Executive Marketing Experience
- CMO, Recovery Centers of America
- CMO, Ditech Financial
- CMO, AIG Bank
- VP US Consumer Markets, AIG Accident & Health
- Director Retail Marketing, AIG Personal Lines
- FVP Credit Card Balance Build, Bank One (Chase)
- FVP Product Development, MBNA America (Bank of America)
- VP Loyalty Marketing, MBNA America (Bank of America)
- Eating Disorder Solutions (Healthcare)
- Buena Vista Recovery (Healthcare)
- VRC Investigations (Insurance Defense Investigations)
- MBA, Lerner School of Business and Economics, University of Delaware Executive Program
- BS Economics, Penn State University
- Associate Personal Insurance, American Institute of Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters and the Insurance Institute of America
- Consumer Finance
- Behavioral Health
- Digital Marketing
- Product Development
- Brand Strategy/Refresh
- Go-to-Market Strategy
- Positioning & Messaging
- Marketing Technology
- Market & Consumer Segmentation
- Data-driven Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Media Mix Optimization
- Brand Re-launch
- Strategic Positioning
- Crisis Communications
- Customer Experience
- Marketing Analytics