A senior business leader with broad experience in merchandising, marketing, finance and operations, Scott is known for building and leading high performing teams to effectively target customers and drive growth. His laser-focused customer orientation and strong collaborative style complement his track record as a solid, passionate leader. An executive with deep ecommerce experience, he oversaw all aspects of developing, operating and building revenue for Michaels Stores’ ecommerce web store. As the head merchant at Office Depot, Inc., Scott was charged with managing broad product development, product marketing and merchandising efforts for North America, representing $11B in sales with 15,000 SKUs.
How Scott has Helped Businesses Grow
- Launched eCommerce site on time and on budget in under 10 months at Michaels Stores. Recruited by CEO to lead the design, implementation, merchandising and launch of Michaels’ first full-line ecommerce site.
- Created 4X revenue growth over three years, reversing five-year trend at UBID Holdings, a multi-channel ecommerce company.
- Achieved record growth in portfolio of private brands at Office Depot, Inc. Reduced cost of goods by more than $100M through development of intensive global bid process.
- Reached a catalog productivity high of 30%+ year-on-year performance in the B2B sector through improved design and messaging, customer insights and list optimization at Shoes for Crews, LLC.
- Generated double digit year-on-year increases in ecommerce performance though improvements in page design, functionality, application development and digital marketing for shoesforcrews.com, and brought in a team to develop a social media strategy that resulted in the acquisition of dozens of brand advocates while exponentially increasing customer engagement and web traffic from that channel.
Executive Marketing Experience
- Managing Partner, Wolfeye Digital Strategies
- Chief Marketing Officer, Shoes For Crews
- General Manager, Ecommerce, Michaels Stores, Inc.
- President and CEO, uBid Holdings, Inc. DBA uBid.com
- Principal, Element10/Wolfeye Digital Strategies
- SVP, Merchandising, Office Depot
- EVP, COO, Zones
- SVP Sales and Marketing, Sayers
- SVP, GM, Elek-Tek/Creative Computers
MBA, Finance/Marketing, Northwestern University - Kellogg Graduate School of Management
- Digital Marketing
- Omni-Channel Marketing
- Digital Transformation
- Go to Market Strategies
- Demand Gen
- Merchandising and Assortment Strategy