Steve works with early and late stage-startups, mid-sized organizations and larger enterprises to build and execute plans to boost growth. He has over 25 years of experience in marketing, sales and product development, with expertise in cybersecurity, AI, and SaaS, and industry expertise in fintech, financial services, telco, and legal. Using his domain expertise in market analysis, demand generation and branding, Steve creates an immediate advantage for his clients to enter new markets, outmaneuver competitors or create new product categories.
How Steve has Helped Businesses Grow
- Increased valuation of cybersecurity companies in Jerusalem Venture Partners' cyber portfolio. As venture coach and fractional marketing head, Steve developed market entry plans, new websites, digital marketing, and company and product positioning.
- At SAP, he produced $197 in incremental revenue by creating and leading a competitive SWAT team to execute competitive replacements and takeaways.
- Developed new digital programs targeting mid-market buyers of business software, resulting in dramatic pipeline improvements.
- At CA, Steve led product strategy for the $500M business applications line of business. Through organic and inorganic growth the business was developed till it was sold at a substantial multiple.
- Grew revenues by 23% and increased preference for LexisNexis products from 22% to 39% in the law school market by creating hyper-personalized, integrated marketing campaigns
- Led all facets of branding as LexisNexis CMO with a focus on new corporate millennial buyers, resulting in a 70% increase in lead flow.
- Delivered 115% of revenue contribution goal at SAP by restructuring and deploying a new Services Marketing team.
- Repositioned ThetaRay’s AI Anti-Money Laundering solution and used new messaging in account-based marketing programs to boost its million-dollar deal pipeline.
Executive Marketing Experience
- CMO, Opora - Cyber risk quantification
- CMO, ThetaRay - AI AML and fraud detection
- CMO, Axioma Inc. - equity portfolio and risk management
- CMO North America, LexisNexis
- GVP Competitive SWAT team, SAP
- VP Competitive and Market Intelligence, SAP
- VP Social Media and Services Marketing, SAP
- GVP Product Strategy, Computer Associates
- Executive-in-Residence, BRM Capital
- JVP Cyber Accelerator
- Sainapse (AI Customer Support)
- BA, Psychology, Middle Eastern History, Emory University
- Market Penetration & Growth
- Brand Strategy/Refresh
- Positioning & Messaging
- Growth Strategy
- Competitive Strategy
- Customer Experience Design
- Digital Marketing
- Product Innovation
- Market/Consumer Insight