Steven Faigen is a B2B senior marketing/sales leader and business growth strategist who has helped global brands strengthen their market leadership, uncover new growth opportunities, and reenergize mature business with simplicity, efficiency and impact. More recently, he has drawn on his wide-ranging experience and operational expertise to guide a SaaS disruptor to increase sales by 30% and a leading financial research boutique to grow new logo sales by 20%. Steven is a lifelong student of how best to persuade people to take action. He has applied this knowledge to create “golden path” buyer journeys with differentiated branding and messaging, attention-grabbing thought leadership, continuous digital technology innovation, and scalable, targeted demand generation. Steven also possesses a skill for wisely investing scarce dollars to create scalable marketing infrastructures for high-performing teams to meet clear financial goals.
How Steven has Helped Businesses Grow
- New Business Launch: Developed sales and marketing program for the rollout of Mercer’s private benefits exchange, Marketplace 365, that secured 30+ year-one clients and drove a 15% CAGR from 2013-17.
- Demand Generation Engine: At Mercer, generated $100M in annual marketing-sourced sales in North America and reduced overhead by 15% by transforming local marketing teams into a single organization focused on demand generation and sales support.
- Enterprise (Re)Branding Transformations: Created “The Tradition Continues” brand platform that allowed Lehman Brothers to re-emerge as a publicly traded firm; at Mercer, developed” the go-to-market program around “Make Tomorrow, Today” that lifted revenue to records in 2015-16.
- Account-based Marketing: Increased sales at 13D Global Strategy Research by 20% with account-based marketing programs focusing on hedge funds, private equity firms, and family offices · Web-based Sales: At Mercer, transformed web-based requests for information into $30 million in annual sales by integrating .com, CRM and Marketing Automation platforms to support real-time follow up of hot leads.
- Proprietary Thought Leadership: At Mercer, created Inside Employees’ Minds (SM) bi-annual research product and go-to-market program that generated an average of $20M in employee engagement survey assignments.
- Digital Tool Innovation: At Towers Perrin, created The Content Customizer (SM) used by an average of 20K web to visitors to assemble a personalized digital publication, generating 1000+ new business opportunities yearly; at Mercer, designed the Pension De-risking Calculator, an iPad app and interactive presentation used in prospecting and finalist presentations to fuel $15M in yearly sales of a highly specialized service.
- Product/Service Development: Created and launched at Towers Perrin a digital information and governance management platform for Boards of Directors and their advisors that grew to $30M in year two and expanded relationships in its $200M executive compensation consulting business.
- Sales Enablement Optimization: At Mercer, increased opportunity conversion in year one by 13% by transforming CRM with dynamic content and proposal libraries, customer behavior/engagement dashboards, and lead scoring/assignment based on a proprietary scoring algorithm.
Executive Marketing Experience
- Global Sales Enablement Leader, Mercer
- CMO, North America, Mercer
- Global Health Benefits Marketing Leader, Mercer
- Global Marketing Leader, Towers Perrin
- Thought Leadership Marketing Leader, Booz Allen
- Partner & Global Corporate Communications Leader, Lehman Brothers
- MA, Economic Journalism, Columbia University School of International Affairs
- BA, International Relations, Tulane University
- Digital Marketing
- Growth Strategy
- Demand Generation
- Positioning & Messaging
- Martech Automation